Service SH3132 or Replace with Yuki/SH3135

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Oris

Public Figure
Ambassador
Jan 29, 2018
Australia

Greetings Gentlemen.

I'm wondering whether to service or replace the SH3132 which came stock with this JF 214270 '2016 Baselworld' Explorer I.
I've been wearing the watch un-serviced for over a year.

1) Yuki will supply an SH3135 directly, and I am guessing it would fit directly in place of the SH3132?
(Apart from the date wheel/date adjustment position on the crown, putting an SH3135 in an Explorer would probably be okay, and wouldn't bother me.)

What is the received wisdom on replacement or service of the SH3132?

To qualify, the watch has run well for the past year or so, but has recently started losing several minutes per day and hand winding feels like stirring a bucket of rocks - a lot of friction.

2) Given this, I am not sure whether servicing would still be viable (hence thinking about replacement).
How likely is it that a service of one of these movements would successful after a year or so of (un-serviced) use?

Hoping perhaps someone has been down this road, or can lend me some general knowledge/insight.

Thanks in advance.

TickleShoes

Mar 8, 2018
They’re exactly the same movement from the same factory. You just have the no-date parts in the 3132. It’s also slightly thinner so I’m not sure the crown position and case size would work with a drop-in 3135.

Best case scenario is to service it. There are things that can be done to make the hands wobble less, wind smoother, and generally feel better than any stock SH/Yuki.

Before anyone asks or suggests, I unfortunately don’t have time to do it. Good luck!

Reactions: CarpetRyd and Oris