SH3135 Rotor squeaking and super wound?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

CarpetRyd

Content Contributor
Feb 24, 2018
Hey guys,
I swapped the dial and hands on my JF16610 a few months back and recently I've noticed a couple of issues:

1. Rotor squeaks when it rotates. It wasn't noticable initially, but it's become worse over time.​
2. Rotor is "super wound" - from time to time and feel the rotor spin rapidly instead of smoothly and generally unnoticable in the past...​

My SH3135 was service and these gen parts were added:

3135 full auto winding module​
645-date corrector​
625-date wheel mounted​
623-date finger​
614-date jumper​
600-date indicator seating​
I can do minor work, so I'm curious if this is something I can fix. Note when I swapped the hands - I did remove the rotor, is it not seated correctly? Thanks in advance guys!

Diverdown60

Diplomat
Diplomat
Mar 24, 2018
East Coast U.S.A.
Not sure, my thoughts are that when you removed the rotor to do your dial and hands swap, now your rotor may not be seated evenly. It may be that when reinstalling the rotor it may be at an uneven angle. Thus causing the rotor to rub( squeaking) against the self wind housing and possibly catching causing the rotor to catch creating tension to build up so that when it "uncatches" the rotor spins excessively to release the stored tension. Maybe reseating the rotor will help. Check as well to make sure the rotor didn't become slightly warped(unlikely) but, you're checking just in case. Check also the auto wind to see if the wheels are turning freely or there is not a small burr or particle of dirt hindering the auto wind function. Check as well the rotor bearings. Maybe even a tiny drop of silicone grease just as you would to stop a noisy rotor. I'll be glad to take a look at the rotor, etc. via a close up photo if you want to do that. Sometimes, it is the simple things like a dial not seated right or the hour hand being pressed down too far or a bit crooked on the pinion.
Definitely some type of friction causing the trouble from your description. Retracing your steps can help and even redoing the whole swap may help. Although always a pain in the arse once it's all together.
Best of luck !