Show us your dress watches

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
I'm surprised you include the FM! Due to its fancy script dial I always considered it to be much more of a fashion watch. Maybe a Long Island...

OP
Timnic54

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
I'm surprised you include the FM! Due to its fancy script dial I always considered it to be much more of a fashion watch. Maybe a Long Island...
In strict terms you are right. I am however trying to become more liberal with boundries, and "dress watch" has always been somewhat narrow.

Reactions: Scott

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
Love those Raketa, and the Enicar is pretty cool too. @rwatch0
Thanks!
Yes, the Raketa's are very nice, and very reliable actually. I have a few other Russian watches, like Poljots and Okeans, but they don't qualify as 'dress watches' in my opinion.
The (hi)story of Enicar (Racine) is very nice and the watch is very thin, a bit joyful I think with the colors. If you wear all gray then it gives you some color :)

Here 2 pics of my GP, definitely a dress watch
hujB2h.jpg
zPXPl5G.jpg

OP
Timnic54

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Thanks!
Yes, the Raketa's are very nice, and very reliable actually. I have a few other Russian watches, like Poljots and Okeans, but they don't qualify as 'dress watches' in my opinion.
The (hi)story of Enicar (Racine) is very nice and the watch is very thin, a bit joyful I think with the colors. If you wear all gray then it gives you some color :)

Love the GP. I am a big fan of GP and of that Era

Reactions: rwatch0
OP
Timnic54

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Thanks!

No Sturmanskie ?

Reactions: rwatch0

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
My IWC 5001-13

7066df1e69b857f6093d77119e9d8f55.jpg

My IWC Laureus Ingenieur
3c17418781b948718de029745a338ed5.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
The Ingenieur is one of my favorite watches ever and is the watch that got me into watches and reps. I love it. It looks surprisingly good on a black strap!

Reactions: dave47 and martijnp

martijnp

Content Contributor
Jan 19, 2018
The Ingenieur is one of my favorite watches ever and is the watch that got me into watches and reps. I love it. It looks surprisingly good on a black strap!
Thanks mate!

It actually is the genuine blue IWC strap that goes with the Ingy :)