Silencing Rotor

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

jacobee

Jan 16, 2018
Hi guys,

Recently I have received my PF Naut and it's a great rep.

The only problem is the noisy rotor, how could I silence the rotor?

Regards,
Jacob

SinSir

Watchaholic
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Chicago
Remove the back and put a small drop of Mobius oil at the center of the rotor where the bearings are. There are other lubricants that people suggest too. Don't put much and you don't want it to get on the other watch parts.

It makes a world of difference... Good luck!

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Remove the back and put a small drop of Mobius oil at the center of the rotor where the bearings are. There are other lubricants that people suggest too. Don't put much and you don't want it to get on the other watch parts.

It makes a world of difference... Good luck!
This is the most popular by far. The most often mistake by amateur horologists is putting too much oil. To make it quieter (and this will result in more movement to achieve the same barrel wind), you actually want to use grease or silicone. The type used for o-rings and gaskets. This is thicker, more viscous, and won’t likely drip into other parts of the watch. It also has the most noticeable effect on sound. It is much more dramatic than oil. As with oil, the smallest amount possible best and only on the bearings. No where else. Good luck!

Fiddo

Follow the Light
Diplomat
Jan 30, 2018
This is the most popular by far. The most often mistake by amateur horologists is putting too much oil. To make it quieter (and this will result in more movement to achieve the same barrel wind), you actually want to use grease or silicone. The type used for o-rings and gaskets. This is thicker, more viscous, and won’t likely drip into other parts of the watch. It also has the most noticeable effect on sound. It is much more dramatic than oil. As with oil, the smallest amount possible best and only on the bearings. No where else. Good luck!
Agreed. I've found the silicone and O ring grease to be the most effective.