Spam and Security - Please Read me!

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Hello everyone! In an effort to mitigate spam content and deny spammers, we have utilized numerous features and resources. Rest assured, we do our best to keep unwanted content off our forums, both free/opensource and paid. If they do slip though, which can happen as there is no full proof way to mitigate unwanted junk, please report them immediately, and a moderator or staff will deal with it.

We limit what new users can and cannot do so that we can minimize unwanted signups for the purpose of spamming content into our community. We use Captcha and check registrations against StopForumSpam database, DNS Blacklists, and also utilize Aksimet to check against spam content.

Antispam by Cleantalk.org - On top of the built in antispam capability of the forum software we use, we also use Antispam plugin via Cleantalk. It does wonders! So far it has flagged some spam content, but due to its strict nature, it has flagged some legitimate content as well. For those posts and users that got flagged, we have marked them as non spam, and we continue to monitor such content that get flagged.

HELP! My Posts Got Flagged as Spam!

In the event that your posts get flagged in error, please reach out to our moderators or staff. We do get summaries of content that get flagged, and if we see some that got flagged in err, we restore the content. If we do miss the content, our apologies. :) But please let us know so we can restore your post.

Is My information Secure?

We are aware of security risks for online websites and communities/forums from getting hacked. We do know as most of us are also members of other forums that have been hacked. So, we have taken measures in hardening our servers, and continue to proactively monitor known issues to keep HorologyBoard secure. Rest assured you have active and knowledgeable admins that do their best to keep this site secure.

However, I want to reiterate that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 100% FOOL PROOF UNHACKABLE SITE. In saying that, please make sure you keep that in mind. DO NOT USE A WEAK PASSWORD! Also, do not reuse the same credentials on this site with your other sites with sensitive content such as banking sites. That is the best way to make sure your information is not compromised. Also, do not store sensitive information such as user/password in your Inbox or Private Messages.

Why are we disclosing this? Simple, to make our members aware, and to also let our members know that we do what we can to keep your information secure and this community safe. We do not get paid for our time, and our hosting resources cost money. So please keep that in mind, before you bash any of our moderators or staff, or before you complain about this or that. Oh... and we also do have full time employment aside from managing this community, so please be patient with us. :)

Lastly, please keep this community safe and civil. Do not provoke or give reason for anyone to hate us, or retaliate/attack/hack us. This is a community of mature people, let us keep it that way.

Happy posting everyone!!

--Muscles

P.S. Feel free to comment and give your suggestions and/or opinions.

nummer14

Content Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Very good that you mention this, I also assume that for all privileged accounts MFA is mandatory, included ip whitelisting, etc

And I would also recommend to have the user use a strong password, heck use a tool like dashlane / lastpass / keepass / 1password and also setup MultiFactorAuthentication (MFA)

Reactions: muscles
OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Thanks @nummer14. We have 2Factor authentication in place, members can use it as well. And yes we recommend using a different password for HB so as to keep your account isolated from compromise :)

Reactions: nummer14