The "CeraMeister" 116610LN Ceramic insert for Rolex Submariner....

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Spirit

Apr 7, 2018
So, after so much time searching for good ceramic inserts and trying some different technicques on platinum mods, myself and a friend decided to team up on a little project and source a way to make our own inserts for the Ceramic Subs... This project has been going in the background for some time now trying to get the best cost/benefit ratio with good quality materials, but mostly, sourcing the raw feedstock for our built, and a place to produce it that wouldn´t break the bank, as the base products come from overseas to be sent to another country to be manufactured and then finalized to be ready and sent to us down here...

Today, the first samples have arrived, I must say that the final product looks quite the par, and we were really pleased with the results, getting something that definitely will be worth to upgrade from the stock Noob V8/V9 or any stock insert that comes from our known factories, and yet won´t be as costly as a gen insert.
...The aiming on this project wasn´t only to get a better platinum effect on the engraved numbers, but also, a higher quality ceramic that would produce a "blacker" shine, as we saw that the current ceramic inserts on our reps had something in the black that lacked that "gen-feeling" when standing next to the GENs and although less noticed by some, was a relevant point mentioned by some of the members of our group.

Anyway, let´s jump to the pictures and let them do the talking...

EbnRraz.jpg

Gq4sbo7.jpg

nfUKk7d.jpg

SLtzko4.jpg

kEc7mEP.jpg

...and below - just for comparison - the "CeraMeister" next to a spongebob insert from a friend of ours, which is IMHO, one of the best aftermarket inserts/platinum mods available for the Sub-C

our "CeraMeister" on the bottom-left, and spongebob on the upper-right:

u7BnooL.jpg

Will come with more info about it soon, as this is very near to be available.. (first batch should come even this week yet)
I would like to hear your thoughts on it, fellas!

Cheers,
Spirit.

Reactions: MrE and muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Looking forward to this. Thanks for sharing.

Rush

Content Contributor
Jan 28, 2018
Outstanding work done!
Would like to see more of this project.

OP
Spirit

Spirit

Apr 7, 2018
LV Sample just arrived!

Green is sorta lighter than both stock V7 and V8, which is shown in the pictures below
...On to the pictures :)

dWGB3md.jpg

gQHRXQX.jpg

83YyRlU.jpg

T9uh5C4.jpg

AXAhHaY.jpg

Will try to post some more pics later on...

Cheers!
Spirit.

Reactions: MrE

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
You able to compare vs gen on that LV?

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Would be great if you guys could get ahold of a gen insert and do vs shots. Specially in macro and different lightnings. The biggest issue with replicating genuine platinum is how the angles or poor lightning barely affect the gen overall pop effect on the numbers. If you can nail this, you have a solid product.

BackwoodsJon

Trusted Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 22, 2017
in the woods
Looks really good man! It is very difficult to get that right! Hope you guys nail it. It would be so much easier than painting them

OP
Spirit

Spirit

Apr 7, 2018
Sadly we can´t do 'vs' pictures with the Gen LV, as our friend here who had a GEN 116610LV sold it recently, but we have no ambition to 'substitute' the gen insert, but to make a "better than the rep" without having to drop big bucks on a GEN...

We´re trying our best to achieve a good product, but - independent of the result - this project got a huge amount of money involved to get it running to the point that we are now :) We really hope to be able to make it better and better, and if possible, get closer to gen, of course, but the more test-runs and the more modifications are needed, more bucks go on it lol... We are just making sure to not try to give bigger steps than the legs can reach

We are hoping for the best! Let´s roll! I will make the green available soon

ghavyZt.jpg

Cheers,
Spirit.

OP
Spirit

Spirit

Apr 7, 2018
Just was able to take a good pic of a CeraMeister installed in my 114060, as we got a nice bright and sunny winter day down here...

5PLS6t7.jpg

and also, as bonus, a pic of the LV insert in the sun.

VOt0znp.jpg

Cheers,
Spirit.

OP
Spirit

Spirit

Apr 7, 2018
Installed my CeraMeister LV on my Hulk, and this is the result :)

DSC03668x_R.jpg