Timegraph fun , photos and knowledge

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.
OP
Thrasher

Thrasher

The Annoyance Facilitator
Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Check out this M2M PAM 243 I bought years ago from Plankton 49 degrees lift angle and after sitting on the time graph for a bit the amplitude dropped a little but the accuracy was sitting right at -1 S/D A ETA 7750 I think I had it serviced at least once, VAC could do a great job when he wanted to.

Reactions: Flyin_gnome
OP
Thrasher

Thrasher

Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
This thread is incredibly interesting and informative. Thanks for putting all this together.
Thank You but it's nothing I'm learning as I go. The biggest lesson so far is don't trust the internet or anyone when they quote lift angles, there is so much bad information out there everyone is confused. What looks like authoritative lift angle explanations/spec sheets is often times wrong only trust the original manufacturers specification sheets.

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

Flyin_gnome

Content Contributor
Jan 22, 2019
Idaho, USA
Thank You but it's nothing I'm learning as I go. The biggest lesson so far is don't trust the internet or anyone when they quote lift angles, there is so much bad information out there everyone is confused. What looks like authoritative lift angle explanations/spec sheets is often times wrong only trust the original manufacturers specification sheets.
But if it's on the internet it must be real...

Thats why threads like this are so important for this hobby. Real world testing and data. This has sold me on getting myself a time graph as I would like to keep track of my watches, eventually be able to do minor servicing and some day be confident enough to do builds of my own.

Reactions: Thrasher
OP
Thrasher

Thrasher

Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Here is my genuine Omega Good Planet Foundation GMT with Omega Caliber 8605 movement as best I can tell the lift angle is 38 degrees just like my planet Ocean. I know beat rate is correct at 25K BPH

OP
Thrasher

Thrasher

Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Here we have a BK Sub C no Date Rolex 114060 with Swiss ETA, never been worked on since received in 2015 still running and looking great

So for those who say BK is not worth it, I disagree!!!!!!

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Here we have a BK Sub C no Date Rolex 114060 with Swiss ETA, never been worked on since received in 2015 still running and looking great

So for those who say BK is not worth it, I disagree!!!!!!
Any of your watches have more than 2 months of actual running time? I ask that because you, like I, have many watches. If I wore mine equal time a single watch would not get more than 5 or 6 days a year of wear. A movement should be fine for 5 years of daily wear more or less from everything I've read. I've never serviced anything, and I could do non chronos myself. I couldn't even tell you how well my watches keep time because I never wear them more than a day. Just curious, why did you get those watches serviced?

Reactions: Thrasher
OP
Thrasher

Thrasher

Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Any of your watches have more than 2 months of actual running time? I ask that because you, like I, have many watches. If I wore mine equal time a single watch would not get more than 5 or 6 days a year of wear. A movement should be fine for 5 years of daily wear more or less from everything I've read. I've never serviced anything, and I could do non chronos myself. I couldn't even tell you how well my watches keep time because I never wear them more than a day. Just curious, why did you get those watches serviced?
You got me there>>>>Sometimes an A2824 or 36 or A7750 or Miyota or Yuki just sucks and needs a nice fresh swiss movement, swiss parts or service. And yes you are right, I have 60+ watches, genuine, extreme franken, franken , fantasy, stock rep and some get worn more than others. I just have to many but they all mean something to me!

OP
Thrasher

Thrasher

Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Here is a NOOB V4 LMPO Omega I had Strooda paint the seconds hand red, seal and test it for waterproof and tune up the Asian Movement. I sent it to him the day it arrived. And yes as my Pal @NCRich will report I wear it Rarely as I have to many watches!!!! @Maron of course Rich will be sure to point out the dust!!!!!!

OP
Thrasher

Thrasher

Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Here are some wild all over the place reading from a PAM 6154 built for me by BlackShark in Greece. It has a Molnija 3602

OP
Thrasher

Thrasher

Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Here we have a Helenarou Rolex 6538 with a swiss 2836......I keep saying I should get the whole thing aged and have a proper plexi put in but then I look at it and it's just to pretty

OP
Thrasher

Thrasher

Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
OK now this is very strange. This morning I took my PAM 382 Bronzo A7750 from 2015/14 which hangs by the strap on a display board and wound it up and put it on the time graph 49 degree lift angle. The readings were horrible amplitude below 200 and 46 s/d off. I haven't worn this in many months and its a old watch, I did wind it up last week and set it on the chair while dusting but before that 6 months with no wrist time. I figured well oils dried up and settled so it probably needs a rebuild or replacement. I'm the kind of guy that would rather fix something even if it costs more than replace it. So I set in the sun for ten minutes before I go to the Dr to get a shoulder x ray figuring the oil will warm up in the sun, Then put it on my wrist, 5 hours of wrist time and it's getting readings from +1 s/d with 247 amp, +13 s/d with 266 amp , 7 s/d with 255 amp....It doesn't jump around drastically but those are the reading I have seen in the last two hours. Is it like any other machine if it doesn't get used it gets a little stuck but once you warm it up????

OP
Thrasher

Thrasher

Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
LIFT ANGLES

ETA 2824- 2 50 degrees

ETA 2836 50 degrees

ETA 2846 50 degrees

Rolex 3135 52 degrees

Rolex 3187 52 degrees