Tried to order from TD - Email got blocked immediately

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

MrE

Content Contributor
Feb 27, 2018
Hello friends,

This is uncomfortable news.

For a new start on HB, I opened a new email account (actually two: on gmail and after it failed on hotmail) and after sending an order to @Lucy and @sead1999 both accounts where blocked immediately.

Both email accounts are asking me to verify the account by providing a phone number.
Then two things are happening:
1. The phone number is verified, yet right after that another page opens and it asks me again to provide a phone number, etc.
2. It says that the phone number can not be used

Did this happen to anyone of you?

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
I've never had that happen before. Odds are that you did something or wrote something that tripped a spam detection system.

Does the phone number screen have "skip" in small text at the bottom, by any chance?

Reactions: MrE

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
I've been asked to give a phone number to get a new email but I've never had an issue like this.

Scott's explanation makes sense.

Keep trying. This is unusual.

OP
MrE

MrE

Content Contributor
Feb 27, 2018
I've never had that happen before. Odds are that you did something or wrote something that tripped a spam detection system.

Does the phone number screen have "skip" in small text at the bottom, by any chance?
I've been asked to give a phone number to get a new email but I've never had an issue like this.

Scott's explanation makes sense.

Keep trying. This is unusual.

I wrote the usual order to a TD - description and photo - that may have tripped something, yes.

The phone number screen does not have "skip". Here is how it looks:
Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 00.10.17.png

After I type in my number, this screen pops up:
Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 00.11.54.png

And again if I type my number, as you can see, it says: "This phone number cannot be used for verification"

I guess the problem is that I live in China and to use gmail I need to use a VPN which only has Taiwan or Hong Kong as country choices, thereby not recognizing the number. If I turn off the VPN, I cannot access gmail (dog bits tail).

However, here is some good news:
I just tested the hotmail account by sending some messages and they all went through.
This one seems to be working again. :)

@Scott and @PlanetZoom thank you guys for your thoughts!

Last edited:

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Glad you are up and going.

Sounds like google couldn’t match the country of your phone to the country of your IP address.