Question Trying to find out about a watch i picked up at estate sale, was wondering if members can assist?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Jdurham2

Jun 9, 2019
All I know is its a Nicolet made by Croton w/ sapphire crystal, lume min/hour hands, swiss movement, 3 ATM H2O resistance (technotime 7581b movement), alligator strap w/clasp. Looking to find out more about this particular watch but Croton was wipe out and technotime was bought out I found out through the net.

Last edited:
Reactions: GMTG0D and WingNut

WingNut

Idiot Savant and Good Dood
Ambassador
Feb 25, 2018
I looked around and what you have mentioned is the only info I could find...apparently a very rare piece...nice find.

Reactions: Jdurham2

Jdurham2

Jun 9, 2019
Thank you! Saw one on the web in Chile for about $350. American, but seems the 24hr accumulator didn't match the hour shown on the main face.

Last edited:

WingNut

Ambassador
Feb 25, 2018
Found this for an old ebay listing, but the link is dead...

s-l1000.jpg

Jdurham2

Jun 9, 2019
It seems it was either very unpopular at the time, or very rare, but I'm curious about year it was made, and more about the movement, and original cost ? I can't find and info and why so little history is it a undependable movement? What's the history of technotime quartz movements

OP
J

Jdurham2

Jun 9, 2019
If you plan to wear it because it suits you, then you made a good deal.

At the end of the day, that's all that matters.
Also can I wear it as a everyday watch, or special occasion, be careful with it, stash it away in the safe ?

WingNut

Ambassador
Feb 25, 2018
It's a fine looking watch...like Tommy says...wear it if it suits...

It can work as a casual or a dress piece, probably a little more dressy...but I wouldn't lock it up...wear that bad boy and enjoy it (y)

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
All I know is its a Nicolet made by Croton w/ sapphire crystal, lume min/hour hands, swiss movement, 3 ATM H2O resistance (technotime 7581b movement), alligator strap w/clasp. Looking to find out more about this particular watch but Croton was wipe out and technotime was bought out I found out through the net.
View attachment 38407
I actually like it. Its a nice looking watch! Wear it in good healtj