Tudor 7928 vintage sub

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
So I acquired a scuffed up gilt 7928 Yuki dial that came with a watch and bunch of other parts from someone who couldn't actually build the watch. Actually I think they tossed every watch part they had into the box. Scratches are no big deal on a glossy watch, just matte spray and it disappears. So the gen is this:

JeGnrWV.gif

So I matte sprayed the dial, stripped the hands on a cartel, and relumed both the hands and the dial.

4T6sHWn.jpg

I had a case but no bezel and insert so I ordered one from WSO. It looks better than the cartel ones, but I can see no way to make it functional. If I use a plexi loose enough for the bezel to turn you can knock off the whole assembly, and if I use a plexi large enough to be firmly held it won't turn. Same thing with a Clark 1675 bezel. Anyway it looks better and my OCD is such that I've been know to glue the bezel so that it is always in the correct position anyway. All in all a decent compromise I guess.

It has a Tropic 39 plexi on it and I've drilled out the lugs and trimmed up the CGs a bit. Could maybe use a bit more of a trim, but I wanted to wear it. So pics:

mA5QZow.jpg

F8gEcON.jpg

BVij6KI.jpg

1OLCUG5.jpg

iRQrFjt.jpg

OUPLkML.jpg

cB78Y33.jpg