Vintage Bomb Timer build pictorial

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Blue Radish

Content Contributor
Mar 25, 2019
Canada
www.blueradishstraps.com
This is a custom Bomb Timer build created from bar stock to a gorgeous vintage watch. Made by Neckyzips. The following pics are his to show you the process of creating this piece. I received the watch thru a friend but always wanted a watch with some depth gauge elements so I proceeded to modify the watch to add those elements.

This is what the watch looked like when I received it.

Started off by disassembling everything. The watch I received did not have the engraved movement plate, so I sent it off and had NZ work his engraving and painting magic.

Next grab a set of Ross DG hands and a radiation second hand. Put them thru the Brass Black treatment and then age them to perfection.

I stripped the dial due to accidentally scratching the finish on the surface and gave it a new brass black treatment, you'll notice my dial is black vs NZ's with some of the brass coming thru.

Next step while the watch is completely disassembled, I need to sew a strap into the fixed lug case. Used a beautiful faded vintage olive green, soft as butter. Also used a sewn in Elias handmade buckle, same brass black treatment as on the hands.

On to final assembly

This case is a 3pc, CB, mid case and bezel. There are absolutely no threads it is all pressure fit and it fits perfectly snug, just amazing case making skills by NZ.

…and DONE!

Original vs Modded, both great in their own way.

Last edited:
Reactions: HorFan

frederico

Diplomat
Diplomat
May 19, 2018
The Netherlands
This is beyond my Dutch imagination
Amazing work from an Artist
This is a different level of watch making/creation
Silent beauty Sir

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk