Vintage Omega Speedy

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Check it out. Rainy here today so I went ahead and finished this. I ordered a cheap quartz speedy from the gate to use the case for something else. They made changes since the last time I got one. Hands were silver instead of white, and the "crystal" was god awful. But: surprise, surprise it has a VK Microstepper. Still ticks, though not as bad @6. But the chrono hand is nice and smooth and has no slop.

Takes a bit of work to make it decent. Mods (which are detailed previously in the vintage section): matte sprayed dial, stripped lume and painted the hands, faded bezel insert a bit, tossed the godawful crystal and put a hi dome SK plexi on it. Can't waterproof these, gen isn't.

IMG-3567.jpg

IMG-3569.jpg

IMG-3576.jpg