VSF Panerai 312 Review

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Panerai 312 VSF review

The watch is a truly great rep. Panerai is not a watch I will ever buy in Gen. I have through the years had many. Yes they are well made, but frankly nothing spectacular. They have been scandalised by some pretty spectacular issues, like the famous "Brooklyn Bridge" case. I won't go into that, you would only need to search Panerai Brooklyn bridge on google to see that much has already been said.
Were they offering something the Rep couldn't give me in significant measure, I would consider one, however IMHO they are not.

It is a beautifully made and very faithful to gen case Although I feel that the finish on the brushed surfaces could be better, particularly on the lug sides. The dial is amazing, as are the hands. The Lume I could use as a headlight on my motorbike.
The strap is junk, I put the watch on a Gen gator strap as soon as it arrived and before taking these photos.
I hate the buckle, but that is the fault of Panerai's design, not a fault of VSF who have copied it perfectly. It is a strap destroyer. Such a terrible design it will strip leather off your lovely strap in weeks.

The movement looks great. It is the recent clone with the balance wheel at the correct position. However the hour hand jump doesn't function as the gen. I understand there is a clone with the jump function, but on that one the balance wheel is in the wrong place. It seems to run very well. I put it on the timegrapher and everything looks perfect. There were lots of problems with the first Gen P9000 issue. So I wouldn't be surprised if this runs better.
Appearance wise from all angles it looks great, and you would have to really know your stuff to call this out , even in the hand. Sure if you set the time you would see that the function is incorrect.
If you want a 1950 cased Pam with date, in auto I think you would be very pleased with this one. I will certainly enjoy owning it.

35155420672_93add67fe2_h.jpg

35322182275_5671544548_h.jpg

35155393972_b7e01b18d3_h.jpg

35155411682_c6ca1b4084_h.jpg

Tags: None

Last edited:

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Nice review. I have a pam 312 vsf as well. I have it on a gen strap and it's golden... one of the best pams out there.