Watch repair tools.

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Dimy

Jan 25, 2018
What tools you folks are using?
I started with a cheap chinese tool set from ebay but they are garbage. Half of them broke, the other half is useless.
What is your recommendation? Best quality/price ratio?
Thanks.

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Depends on what type of tool. I use horotec screw drivers and hand press, bergeon hand remover and bezel remover, generic tools for removing spring bars and pin links, a $200 ebay pressure tester cause they’re all the same, a low end timegraph, and low end crystal press and dumont tweezers. I invested my money on the screw drivers, bezel and case back removal, tweezers, and hand stuff. The rest generic I feel is fine.

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Post some pics of dem tools :)

Btw I think this thread might be better suitable in DIY section, and moved it with permanent redirect so it still shows in its orignal location as well.

Reactions: Dimy
OP
Dimy

Dimy

Jan 25, 2018
Post some pics of dem tools :)

Btw I think this thread might be better suitable in DIY section, and moved it with permanent redirect so it still shows in its orignal location as well.
Thanks. You certainly know better where it belongs, I was unsure where to put it of the beginning.

Reactions: muscles

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
As others have said... get good screwdrivers! Nothing worse than scratching the shit out of a bracelet because your cheap screwdriver broke on a screw that was stuck. :cry:

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
As others have said... get good screwdrivers! Nothing worse than scratching the shit out of a bracelet because your cheap screwdriver broke on a screw that was stuck. :cry:
Or
Is hardened steel and actually expands the flat head groove

WatchGuy

Dec 22, 2017
I get the majority of my tools from startime and Amazon.

For screwdrivers, i bought on Amazon a cheaper set of screwdrivers with replaceable blades that have been doing great for me.

For tweezers, I've got a $10 set off Amazon, a $20 set off startime, and a pricey set and tbh, not a huge difference.

Oilers, movement holders, specialty tools, etc. I buy off startime. But a lot isnt needed if you are just starting out

WatchGuy

Dec 22, 2017
I should add if you are getting a rolex case back opener, the legit ones make things so much easier. The cheap ones tend to strip out.

Reactions: JackJ1980

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
I get the majority of my tools from startime and Amazon.

For screwdrivers, i bought on Amazon a cheaper set of screwdrivers with replaceable blades that have been doing great for me.

For tweezers, I've got a $10 set off Amazon, a $20 set off startime, and a pricey set and tbh, not a huge difference.

Oilers, movement holders, specialty tools, etc. I buy off startime. But a lot isnt needed if you are just starting out
I would agree to most of this but tweezers. The cheaper ones bend easily and need to be resharpened with my dremel. My dumont’s are Noticeably better and I drop far less screws with them.

alhig72

Content Contributor
Feb 11, 2018
Uk
My screwdrivers are abiut £20 from cousins and they're ok,
I did get a decent case back remover tho

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk