Watch running fast...which demagnetiser?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Nivka

Content Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
My TC v7 started running fast today (+12 secs in half an hour = ~12 mins per day). I’ve heard that this is often due to magnetisation. Is there a cheap bit of kit I can get on eBay or online that will help me out? Thanks in advance

Rush

Content Contributor
Jan 28, 2018
I bought one from the bay the other day. Let me check which model.
Yes, magnetism will do that.

Reactions: Nivka and MrE

efthi

Content Contributor
Mar 30, 2018
Let us know if this is going to work when you get it... but sounds scary!!! How did it happen?

OP
Nivka

Nivka

Content Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
Let us know if this is going to work when you get it... but sounds scary!!! How did it happen?
I don’t know. I’ve heard it can be from relatively innocuous causes. I didn’t have it open or anything. I was at a mall today so maybe a store security beeper or something? FIIK

Reactions: ginopino

efthi

Content Contributor
Mar 30, 2018
I don’t know. I’ve heard it can be from relatively innocuous causes. I didn’t have it open or anything. I was at a mall today so maybe a store security beeper or something? FIIK
Strange... let's see!

drifter

Mar 31, 2018
You could always take to it the chap I recommend in Melbourne. If all fails.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Archimede

Mar 13, 2018
It sounds strange to me, other than balance spring magnetisation could be balance spring with oil residue to be cleaned.

OP
Nivka

Nivka

Content Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
You could always take to it the chap I recommend in Melbourne. If all fails.
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The problem for me is finding the time to get there physically

Perfect thanks!