Weekly Wrist Shots 6th - 12th August

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!
You're looking at my first genuine "exotic" watch I ever owned, purchased in late '67 or early '68 at the BX (Base Exchange) at Clark Air Base, PI, while I was stationed there. I called it "exotic" because at that time I had never heard of "SEIKO" and knew nothing about them. All I ever had was the wind up mechanical TIMEX my parents got me for my high school graduation in '66. Since then, I've learned A LOT about the brand and am proud to say I own several of these outstanding watches. This fifty-year old watch has been through the ringer (and water-- it's not water resistant) & years/decades ago had it taken apart, cleaned, oiled, dial cleaned up, and had the original bracelet replaced with this two-tone jubilee by my lady-friend watch smith. Today was the first time I've worn it in years and discovered it started right up through my handling it. Great watch, to say the least. dave:
FIRST.SEIKO.5.SPORTSMATIC.ON.JUBILEE%20003_zpsaltxjpwa.jpg
FIRST.SEIKO.5.SPORTSMATIC.ON.JUBILEE%20004_zpskypqojqx.jpg
FIRST.SEIKO.5.SPORTSMATIC.ON.JUBILEE%20005_zpsx5ilkwaj.jpg
FIRST.SEIKO.5.SPORTSMATIC.ON.JUBILEE%20006_zpsnokrjb68.jpg
FIRST.SEIKO.5.SPORTSMATIC.ON.JUBILEE%20007_zpsmxdqx3xw.jpg
FIRST.SEIKO.5.SPORTSMATIC.ON.JUBILEE%20008_zpsleppfdox.jpg

_GC_

aspiring watch aficionado
Diplomat
Mar 13, 2018
Sin City
“The Patek Philippe Nautilus ref. 5711 is one of the most desirable watches on the market today, if not THE most desirable one. It wears great, it looks great, and yes, it also feels great to wear.”
“Despite some minor flaws, the Nautilus is peerless in its popularity. The aforementioned eight years’ waiting list at retailers and official Patek boutiques has not been reduced even after the 20% price increase earlier this year, and on the pre-owned watch market, the Nautilus’ popularity is unparalleled. In recent history, I’ve not seen any watch with such strong appeal that people are prepared to pay up to double the retail price.”

-Frank Gleelan for MONOCHROME

Btw: I paid $82 on DHgate

9D17ACC5-0E62-47C1-A411-E4A73E989127.jpeg