Weekly wristies 01/25/21 - 01/31/21

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!

This is a reapplication of my wristie posts from this past Friday and Saturday: after a brief explanation, I absently posted pics of the wrong watch; I meant to post pics of my PARNIS YACHTMASTER with a silver dial. An unsuccessful sale attempt, I took it for a ride on both Friday and Saturday. I figure a few more of these "boners" from this old guy, "they'll come to take me away." heh! dave: (Sorry for the blurred pics; didn't realize the lens needed a good cleaning.)

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
HI, Gang! New "oldie" to start this new week. While TRYING to upload these pics to PB, I had another incurable BRAIN FART and could not, for the life of me, REMEMBER how to do a procedure I've done thousands of times since late 2009. I could NOT remember how to do this and sat in front of the screen for more the :45 minutes trying to remember. GAWD. I hope this works: old ROLEX ND SUB that has turned into my fav. watch during the past month. I guess this is something that affects watch collectors occasionally. All the other watches I love are ignored for the time being. Sigh!!!! dave:

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!

We had a power outage that lasted hours in the apartment complex last night so I wasn't able to post. Now, with power restored, I can do so, so this is for last night:

Gen. Omega Good Planet Planet Ocean GMT purchased by wifey a few years ago for me. Love it, but need to take it in for the removal of a link so the watch doesn't keep twirling around my wrist. I COULD do it, but this bracelet has a screws layout I haven't seen before, and an earlier attempt to remove a link ALMOST ended in disaster. When needed, I take it to the pros. dave:

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Group!

Tonight is HUMPDAY/NIGHT and time to display another gift from wifey while on the last cruise to the Caribbean we took before the GREAT PANDEMIC struck. In rare form, she actually LIKED the watch herself and suggested to me to BUY IT. Of course, a lot of arm twisting followed (heh!) until I yielded!!! Great auto, lume is just fantastic!! dave (with the sore arm, hee!) dave:

IMG_0003.JPG

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
Hi, Gang!

We had a power outage that lasted hours in the apartment complex last night so I wasn't able to post. Now, with power restored, I can do so, so this is for last night:

Gen. Omega Good Planet Planet Ocean GMT purchased by wifey a few years ago for me. Love it, but need to take it in for the removal of a link so the watch doesn't keep twirling around my wrist. I COULD do it, but this bracelet has a screws layout I haven't seen before, and an earlier attempt to remove a link ALMOST ended in disaster. When needed, I take it to the pros. dave:

Very nice. I'm guessing it's similar to a ceramic omega I sold. There is a screw on either side and a bar through the like itself. The setup is probably about the most annoying non pin and collar setup I've dealt with.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Group!

It's Thursday here in NorthEastern PA, and that means it's PAMSDAY! What you're looking at is one of the first Panerai reps I purchased back in October, 2009 from the new defunct www.g-watch.com. As you can see from the dial, it's a RADIO MIR model with an automatic Chinese 2813 movement & keeps great time. No, I don't know which model it is, but I like it. It's large dial is easy to read & is accompanied by great Lume, Just a banger of a rep. dave: