Weekly Wristies: 04/25/22 to 05/01/22

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang! "A day late and a dollar short" ??? Perhaps; this was supposed to have been posted for Monday, but I forgot: ALPHA "Paul Newman 'Daytona'" mechanical chronograph purchased years ago from Alpha.com (or something like that) Neat-o mechanical watch with a large power reserve (even running the chrono for an hour & running it the rest of the day... . dave:

OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!
On a cool, rainy late afternoon here in PA in the northern latitudes, GREETINGS! Another day, another "Daytona" homage watch -- PARNIS CHRONOGRAPH, which is a close relative to the gen Rolex original, in my humble opinion. A truly grail watch, the homages of these fab watches is as close as I'll ever get. This PARNIS is a beauty, with dial and bezel details that closely resemble the famous original; I've reached that point in my life where I won't miss the iconic ROLEX label; the Parnis also has a VK63 movement that very much helps create the fantasy I have in my mind. dave:
IMG_0009(68)

OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
HI, Gang! Welcome to the start of a glorious weekend! I hope it turns out as such!
For the start of the weekend, this old ROLEX SUBMARINER (Anniversary edition) purchased quite a number of years ago & possesses the fabled A 2836-2 automatic movement. It's an old looker that is not worn too often -- something I'll try to correct. dave. (old pics.):