Weekly Wristies 06/14/21 to 06/20/21

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
HI, Mates!
I just received two watches in today's mail but haven't had any time to adjust them or wear them. I'll try to do that tomorrow. In the interim, this old fav standby: ROLEX No Date Submariner. Using old pics to show it off. dave:

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
Just an oldie but goodie tonight. My backup traveling companion.... 16800. Just got back from an epic road trip so haven't had time to pull the collection out of the safe yet

Reactions: dave47
OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
HI, Gang!
I just received this new watch, which was inspired by a posting by ole reliable mate NCRICH: this STEEL DIVE submariner, here as a HULK. Picked it up inexpensively on ALIEXPRESS. It came in a beautiful, well padded hard shell watch box and a lot of other goodies. (I'll try to post some unpacking photos later.) It's a big, but comfortable watch, taping out at 44mm (w/c) x 13mm and 159 grams. The date is VERY magnified, easily identifiable for this Old Fogey to read; the dial and bezel just gleam in the light; most of all, both the markings on the dial AND on the bezel light up like the proverbial flashlight when exposed to any light. I'm not certain of the movement inside but I suspect it's a strong one. After I was able to adjust the bracelet to fit this morning, it's been on the wrist and will be so for the next several days (PAMSDAY being the exceptional day). THANKS to Rich for bringing this beauty to my attention. I am VERY pleased with it. dave:

SOME LUME SHOTS AFTER EXPOSING THE WATCH FACE TO CA. 30 SECONDS OF LIGHT:

Reactions: Rx4Time
OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Mates!!
Well, it's HUMPDAY, so let's get at it!?
Today sees the other piece I received in the mail from a mate on eBay, I believe (bad memory). It's a PARNIS Sub automatic homage that I had to make adjustments to before I could wear it -- bracelet was too small so I had to go through my pile of old bracelets & find a piece AND a screw to make it fit the ole wrist. For $49 + tax, et.al. it was still a steal & the watch itself was and is very decent. Nice lume, date window and cyclops, firm, rotating bezel, etc. I'm just lucky and have had good luck with the PARNIS brand. Perhaps it's been kinda overlooked? dave;

OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
For today, this gold accented PAM GMT w/date, et. al., on a nice leather strap. I believe I purchased it from The Gate, but I can't be sure. Nicely decorated rotor in the display back. PR is decoration; GMT hand IS adjustable but not accurate. dave: