Weekly Wristies 07/06 - 07/12

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
GREETINGS, Gang!

Well, I' ve decided to dip into one of the old watch boxes to dig out from treasures that haven't seen the light of day in a long, LONG time. I'll do that during the first three days of the week.\

First up is this nice-looking ROLEX DATE JUST TURNOGRAPH purchased a very long, long time ago; I even forget from whom I purchased it -- either TD or M2M. Two tone jubilee bracelet, gold type case, while dial with red date and seconds hand, rotatable bezel, it's a nice piece I find myself staring at a lot. Smooth sweep of the seconds hand; to me, this IS a show stopper. dave: (NOTE; SORRY I COULDN'T UPLOAD ALL THE PICS; PB DIDN'T PRODUCE THEM.)

Reactions: _GC_ and minty007

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Greetings, Again, Mates! I hope this post finds you all in the best of circumstances.

Tuesday reveals my very FIRST Rolex Sub replica, purchased from a scam site called afineluxurytime.com back in October 2009. Being completely new of the rep world and ignorant of all its nuances-- and completely unaware of bonafide rep watch sites like RWG and RWI, I purchased this for $220. Of course, they sent me the wrong one & when I called them about it, nobody would talk to me, promptly hanging up. It took one more effort to learn my lesson, which you will learn tomorrow with the POS I received. The Old Timers here might remember this, as I posted this a number of years ago. The rep actually isn't too bad -- but certainly NOT worth the price I paid. I learned A LOT by joining RWI, then RWG. dave:

Greetings, Again, Mates! I hope this post finds you all in the best of circumstances.

Tuesday reveals my very FIRST Rolex Sub replica, purchased from a scam site called afineluxurytime.com back in October 2009. Being completely new of the rep world and ignorant of all its nuances-- and completely unaware of bonafide rep watch sites like RWG and RWI, I purchased this for $220. Of course, they sent me the wrong one & when I called them about it, nobody would talk to me, promptly hanging up. It took one more effort to learn my lesson, which you will learn tomorrow with the POS I received. The Old Timers here might remember this, as I posted this a number of years ago. The rep actually isn't too bad -- but certainly NOT worth the price I paid. I learned A LOT by joining RWI, then RWG. dave:

Reactions: minty007

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Sorry for the double posted descriptive passage. Having trouble....

dave

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!

On this third day of reaching into one of the old watch boxes, this POS Rolex Sub from the scam site GLOBAL REPLICA.COM appears. It represents my second (and last) purchase from what I learned was NOT a trusted Dealer. First of all, paid way too much for it ($240; IGNORANCE CAN be deadly); it came inoperable (the watch stem was badly bent; when turned BOTH HANDS moved together; couldn't wind it; the hour marker @ 9 was floating around the inside of the watch. Calls to GLOBALREPLICA. basically went unanswered; LETTERS to them, unanswered; filed a complaint with the BBB; couldn't return this POS; had to pay FEDEX upfront before I could take delivery (which GR.com promised otherwise). Had to give the POS to my friend, the watchsmith/jeweler for her craftsman/tech to fix as best he could. (Got it working but really can't wind it). This was the last straw & inspired me to find RWI and RWG, where I've been safe and happy ever since. NOOBS: when site members tell you to only buy from the TRUSTED dealers on the sites, LISTEN TO THEM! dave:

Reactions: _GC_ and minty007

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Good Evening, Gang!

It's PAMSDAY, so let's get going. The PAM of the day is this refugee from The Gate -- not too pricy and not too shoddy in its build. Granted, the PR does not work, but I don't care. The GMT hand is adjustable but the dial lacks a corresponding GMT scale -- which I care about. Automatic movement with decorated watch movement & rotor; the tan (or buff) leather strap IS absolutely comfy. Still, not too shabby for my second RADIOMIR PAM. It's a keeper! dave:

ONE MORE:

Reactions: minty007

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hey, Gang!

Just a brief post for last night (Friday); w.o.t.d. (watch of the day) is this hardly ever used CROTON automatic (21J) with rotating bezel that will be up for sale soon -- just never took a shining to it, although it IS a solid piece (164 grams) and great time keeper& has a screw down crown & WR rating of 100meters. Lume seems to be only present on the major hands. dave:

Last edited:
Reactions: minty007 and _GC_