weekly wristies 3-22 to 3-28

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!

Another week closer to genuine Spring -- hopefully more so for our brethren in Colorado and other High Country states.

Today, a possible start of ROLEX week, starting with this Rolex Batman GMT secured several years ago. Still a fascinating piece that looks quite snappy. dave:

Reactions: minty007

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
PAM 332

Recently I've found myself drawn to Panerai more than any other brand.
Yes, Panerai has that habit of sneaking up on you and KABONGING you in the old noodle. I have about six of these alluring pieces.

dave

Reactions: Rx4Time

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Group!

Another entry in this week long ROLEX wristie check, with one special prize: this Rolex 41mm DJ w/ an A2836A movement, reflective lume and nicely formed cyclops; this was a "prize" of sorts from a member on another forum who felt annoyed and such for my being ripped off by another mate from the UK. He volunteered giving me and refused payment for this extraordinary rep. It's a keeper -- I don't give away -- or sell -- such gifts. dave:

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!

This is a late entry from HUMPDAY of the very first replica I ever purchased back in October of '09. It wasn't from any rep site (I don't remember the name) but in my ignorance, it looked pretty good (for $200), despite its having some deficiencies (which I learned after joining several official rep sites, like RWI, RWG. etc.) I learned to evaluate the dial (too dark), the lume (non on this model), etc. Still, even though it has its deficiencies, I believed it to be very good. (I'll probably wear this again Friday; the second rep I purchashed for $220 from Global Replica. com was a disaster. I'll wear that one on Saturday. (To the old veterans here, this should be a familiar story. It's what led me to finding the above mentioned rep sites -- and lots of joy, not frustration and pain. dave

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Welcome to yet another PAMSDAY celebration, Gang! Many of these pics are of old favorites & this is one of them: Panerai OP6567, lifted from the caseback, on dark chocolate leather strap. The only wish I have for this one is its movement be automatic instead of mechanical. I love the dial, its lume, its details, and its leather strap. dave:

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!

Well, this "special" number kinda ends my ROLEX week (unless I change my mind. (So many to wear and so little TIME.) For many of the vets, this "special" one should be familiar: It's the LAST non "official" rep dealer purchase I made back in '09. From the scammer GLOBAL REPLICA, which cost me more than $220 usd; it arrived via FED EX. and it was a bona fide P.O.S.!! Unlike the bull **** scammers tell you of being able to check out the watch before you accept it (blatant lie). it was very damaged: missing date marker, unbalanced date, bent stem/crown, unable to set the time -- or even wind it; it was truly a piece of shit. Tried to stop payment (couldn't). Dealer wouldn't answer the phone; in short, I was stuck with it. It's after this fiasco I learned to track down this and other rep sites & limited rep purchases to these sites. Fortunately, my lady friend/jeweler gave it to her repairman who was able to kinda fix it (still can't wind it), but it does work, lume shines, and keeps great time. I bought an an after market Rolex bezel for it (yep, the original was scratched) and turned it into this SHARK. Luckily, I learned my lesson: never buy from a scammer. I keep this as a reminder. dave: