Weekly Wristies 3/29 - 4/4/21

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang! Welcome to a new week; I just hope it's better than the last one.

For today, I've taken out of long storage this lovely BULOVA Precisionist with the wonderfully smooth sweeping seconds hand and famous bezel lock @ 10.5. It's a nice looker and a MONSTER: weighing in at 224.5 grams, 51mm wide (c) and 14mm thick. For its size, it IS a comfy watch; and with its weight, you certainly KNOW it's on your wrist. I have a love/hate relationship with this creature; but bottom line, I AM fascinated by it. dave:

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
HI, Group!

Another day in the new week; and with it comes another refugee from the watch boxes: this rarely worn BELL & ROSS BR 01-92 on a stiff rubber strap. Watch face is easy to read but not at night, as any lume is decidedly absent -- except for the hour and minute hands. Watch is large but very comfortable & underlines the dilemma with this: At one time, I craved the Bell&Ross because it was so different; now? meah... . BUT, I'm not ready to give up on the BRs I have in my collection. dave:

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hiya, Group! Welcome to HUMPDAY!

Today, a rarely worn treasure buried deep inside one of the watch boxes: this quartz powered (VK feature) Rolex Daytona (Paul Newman) chronograph I purchased several years ago and rarely worn. A probable reason: it appeared small on my wrist, although it does measure 41mm (c). Nicely done dial features on a neat dark tan Rolex leather strap w/ Rolex branded buckle. Its chronograph function does possess a VK movement, which is really cool. The regular seconds hand does tick but the subdial is so small it's difficult to see. I was going to sell it but changed my mind after wearing it today. dave:

Heck: One more shot:

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hey, Gang!

Welcome to another PAMSDAY event. This time, the old fav. on a worn leather strap, a manual wind piece. It looks like a 111, but it's not (Panerai model numbers have always confused me). I like the sauage numbers: when they light up at night, the glow does last a decent amount of time. dave:

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Group!

Welcome to a new week of wristies; please be safe and careful this week vis a vis COVID 19/

Today, recovered from the back shelves of one of the watch boxes is this SEIKO 150M. Diver's watch I purchased from a seller from the Philippines on eBay. When it arrived, I had to take it to my lady friends jeweler to adjust the length of the stem so the crown would sit flush on the case. Other than that, it has performed flawlessly. dave: