Weekly Wristies June 8 - 14th

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang! Welcome to a new week!
To start off the week, a sometimes-worn chronograph by HEUER, a CARRERA INDIANAPOLIS 500. It's a decent rep; no outward moving hands; only the VK movement chronograph seconds hand; another flaw: If you look closely at the symbol at the bottom of the dial, you'll see that 'Indianapolis' is misspelled as 'INDIANAPOLUS.' Still, I don't worry about it as it'll be invisible to most normal human eyesight. Nice racing leather strap as well. dave;

CLOSE-UP OF THE DIAL;

Reactions: minty007

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang! Here's a repeat of a gem I purchased in late April & showed off: inexpensive BREITING SUPER OCEAN SEA WOLF on black sail cloth originally purchased from The Gate, I believe. Nice looker, bright dial, somewhat heavy, no HE valve at 9, but who cares? REMEMBER THE 99.9% RULE. dave: (old pics).

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!
Well, today is HUMPDAY, so enjoy!! For today, coming out of the watch box where it has sat, literally, for year, is this BREITLING NAVITIMER TT chronograph, I purchased probably M2M so many years ago & wore it lightly, then placed it in the box for a long time storage. To me, it IS a beauty & keeps great time, as quartz watches do; but it's an old one, as the chronograph seconds hand ticks when operational; I don't believe VK movements were around then. dave:

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Happy Pamsday, Group!!
Today, in its honor, another gem pulled from the watch boxes: this PAM RADIOMIR BLACK SEAL automatic, the first Panerai I ever purchased more than ten years ago. After wearing it for a while, this gem still works very well, with the date flipping over at midnight as expected. Only problem I ever had: one of the extended strap bars fell off; some 'tough stuff' gop was used to fasten it in place. (please my limited vocab here for the sealer; I sometimes have memory problems and don't remember stuff, bad cases of non compus mentis that makes doing stuff frustrating. The BLACK SEAL was purchased from the now defunct website g-watch. com. dave:

Reactions: HorFan

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!
This is a late entry for the Friday wristies of this large BREITLING NAVITIMER, with black dial. Purchased M2M a number of years ago, it's a biggie (51mm w/ crown x 16mm thick) but very comfortable on the wrist. Chrono's seconds hands is a VK edition. dave;

Reactions: HorFan