Weekly Wristies May 12 - 17 th

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Welcome, Gang, to the start of a new week. You all KNOW what you need to do!
To start the week, this rare bird of an INVICTA DATEMASTER GMT watch (#9401) quartz I acquired M2M years ago & wear occasionally.. GMT hand is adjustable and works just fine. Date window is easy to read, since INVICTA started using bigger cyclopses. Looks well on the wrist; and, yes, looks like the ROLEX version it was copied from. Seems to me INVICTA is one of the few watch makers who can do that! I've also learned this model is rare & hard to find. Lucky me! dave:
INVICTA.DATEMASTER.GMT_9401_002.jpg
INVICTA.DATEMASTER.GMT_9401_004.jpg
INVICTA.DATEMASTER.GMT_9401_005.jpg
INVICTA.DATEMASTER.GMT_9401_008.jpg

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hey, Gang! Hoping you are having a great COVID FREE week. Stay safe for ALL of us!
For today, this just-arrived-today ROLEX SKY DWELLER with working GMT wheel from the ever dependable STAN @ WBK! What's really cool about this gem is that the outer fluted bezel turns (clock wise) just like the gen!! Unfortunately the month marker in red at the top of the minute/hour markers don't turn. If they did, I'd be shocked. Paid a lot for this (high price for ME), but it's of great quality and substance, with the SKY DWELLER tipping the scales at 150.7 grams. The white dial makes this a great summer watch, too! A tip of the hat to STAN, who is one of the most reliable TD's around, and I speak from 10 years' experiences. dave;
ROLEX.SKY.DWELLER.WHITE.W.WORKING_GMT._010.jpg
ROLEX.SKY.DWELLER.WHITE.W.WORKING_GMT._009.jpg
ROLEX.SKY.DWELLER.WHITE.W.WORKING_GMT._006.jpg
ROLEX.SKY.DWELLER.WHITE.W.WORKING_GMT._004.jpg
ROLEX.SKY.DWELLER.WHITE.W.WORKING_GMT._003.jpg

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hello, Folks! Welcome to HUMPDAY, here in the northeast corner of the Commonwealth of PA, where we are all working together to deal with this damn pandemic.
Today was kind of a "two-fer," because I wore, well, two watches today, one on the wrist longer than the other. The main wear? Newly arrived ROLEX SKYDWELLER GMT with working GMT wheel, purchased from the incredibly reliable Stan of WBK. The other wear was a watch I was going to sell today but changed my mind: AIR BLUE PILOT SWISS CHRONOGRAPH (Type 20B), which I wore when I went on my daily 2.0 mi. walk around the apartment complex. I couldn't decide if I should sell it; and I've learned from past experiences that "When in doubt -- DON'T." dave:
ROLEX SKYDWELLER GMT:
ROLEX.SKY.DWELLER.WHITE.W.WORKING_GMT._003.jpg
ROLEX.SKY.DWELLER.WHITE.W.WORKING_GMT._004.jpg
AIR BLUE PILOT SWISS CHRONOGRAPH TYPE 20B (Quartz):
ch.Sale_05.13.20_AIR_BLUE._PILOT'S_CHRONOGRAPH_011.jpg
ch.Sale_05.13.20_AIR_BLUE._PILOT'S_CHRONOGRAPH_012.jpg
ch.Sale_05.13.20_AIR_BLUE._PILOT'S_CHRONOGRAPH_014.jpg
ch.Sale_05.13.20_AIR_BLUE._PILOT'S_CHRONOGRAPH_015.jpg

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!
I thought I'd show off this, uh, "unusual" "Big Monster' watch I picked up a while ago. It's supposed to be a watch made in Norway and allegedly given to Norwegian medal winners at the LONDON Olympics. it's quartz powered, measures 43mm x 13mm, and has a pretty decent lume. Also has a screw down crown but am not certain of its WR rating. I paid only $60 on the Bay, so i'm not expecting too much. Case appears to be solid, though, but its rubber strap is kinda stiff. Still, it' not a bad piece for 'hacking' around. dave:
NORSK.BIG.MONSTER.WATCH_003.jpg
NORSK.BIG.MONSTER.WATCH_004.jpg
NORSK.BIG.MONSTER.WATCH_005.jpg
NORSK.BIG.MONSTER.WATCH_006.jpg
NORSK.BIG.MONSTER.WATCH_007.jpg