Weekly wristies May 18th - 24th

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!
Well, PB is back up and running, so I am going to try to post a few wristies from past days when I was not able to do so.
The first wristie is of an 0MEGA Sea Master with a Pumpkin bezel I purchased from SILIX-PRIME over ten years ago when JEE was still involved with the site; at that time SILIX was offering "specials" on some of their reps; this SEAMASTER was one of those specials offered for $29. It was my first purchase from JEE and was very happy with it. I wear it a couple times a year or two & it performs very well. It has a stippled dial, which I haven't yet seen on other SEAMASTERS over the past decade; although old, it starts right up when picked up and keeps excellent time. dave:
OMEGA.SEA.MASTER.PUMPKIN.BEZEL_(JEE)_009(1).jpg
OMEGA.SEA.MASTER.PUMPKIN.BEZEL_(JEE)_007(2).jpg
OMEGA.SEA.MASTER.PUMPKIN.BEZEL_(JEE)_005(2).jpg
OMEGA.SEA.MASTER.PUMPKIN.BEZEL_(JEE)_004(3).jpg

THE SECOND WRISTIE WAS FROM PAMSDAY & was this oldie I've had for a while, a PAM100, I believe. It possesses a sandwich dial rather than sausage numbers like the original has & rests on a old, thick leather strap it came with:
PAM105_(W.symbol)_on.Dark._010.jpg
PAM105_(W.symbol)_on.Dark._004.jpg
PAM105_(W.symbol)_on.Dark._005.jpg
PAM105_(W.symbol)_on.Dark._007.jpg

LASTLY, this writie is for TODAY, Friday, the 22, and it, too, has a story: Several years ago, after completing a two-mile walk at the local Mall, I was sitting having coffee (& wearing my old OMEGA PLOPOV, when a passerby stopped to admire the PLOPPY. While chatting, he showed me his gen SEAMASTER, and it looked so nice on his wrist, I went out days later to purchase a rep of what he was wearing. Like the Ploppy, I wear this occasionally because (to my untrained eyes) it looks so gen. Of course, if ASKED if it's a gen, I always answer honestly.:
OMEGA.SEA.MASTER._(BLK_DIAL)_ON_S.S_001.jpg
OMEGA.SEA.MASTER._(BLK_DIAL)_ON_S.S_004.jpg
OMEGA.SEA.MASTER._(BLK_DIAL)_ON_S.S_005.jpg
OMEGA.SEA.MASTER._(BLK_DIAL)_ON_S.S_007.jpg

Reactions: frederico

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
HI, Gang!

PB has been having site problems since last night and still are not back on line so no HUMPDAY and PAMSDAY... . Sorry.

dave
NOTE: PB is back up on line, so today (22nd) I posted a three-some of wristies.

dave

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi Gang!
This is a special OMEGA CHRONO w/ Pumpkin bezel, which I purchased quite a number of years ago from the legendary TD and rep maestro Robert James (I believe his last name was James; I'm relying on my fallible memory). As the old timers on RWG and RWI should know, Robert, as he was called, was quite the colorful dealer & site legend. Way back then, I lusted after this watch & going through Robert's website. found it for me & was very supportive after the sale when I had a few questions. I wear this chronograph once in a blue moon because it contains warm memories of MR. ROBERT. He died suddenly shortly after this sale & felt bad because I never had the chance to tell him how I felt & how valuable a member he was to all. Chrono is quartz powered & the only moving hand is the chronograph when activated. dave:
OMEGA_CHRONO._W._PUMPKIN_BEZEL_(robert_james)_010.jpg
OMEGA_CHRONO._W._PUMPKIN_BEZEL_(robert_james)_007.jpg
OMEGA_CHRONO._W._PUMPKIN_BEZEL_(robert_james)_004.jpg
OMEGA_CHRONO._W._PUMPKIN_BEZEL_(robert_james)_005.jpg

Reactions: frederico
OP
F

frederico

Diplomat
Diplomat
May 19, 2018
The Netherlands
Hi Gang!
This is a special OMEGA CHRONO w/ Pumpkin bezel, which I purchased quite a number of years ago from the legendary TD and rep maestro Robert James (I believe his last name was James; I'm relying on my fallible memory). As the old timers on RWG and RWI should know, Robert, as he was called, was quite the colorful dealer & site legend. Way back then, I lusted after this watch & going through Robert's website. found it for me & was very supportive after the sale when I had a few questions. I wear this chronograph once in a blue moon because it contains warm memories of MR. ROBERT. He died suddenly shortly after this sale & felt bad because I never had the chance to tell him how I felt & how valuable a member he was to all. Chrono is quartz powered & the only moving hand is the chronograph when activated. dave:
View attachment 47340
View attachment 47341
View attachment 47342
View attachment 47343
After each watch there is a story, most of the time good and ful of sweet memories
Thanks Dave

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk