Weekly Wristies May 4 - 10th

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!
Well, it's the start of a new week in lock down; but when you think about the ravages done by COVID19, it' best to be safe than sorry -- and dead.
This is the start of a three day TIMEX journey, showing off these underappreciated horology pieces. The first, secured from (I don't remember) is this TIMEX IQ 3-GMT watch (T2p426). it's actually a fun watch to have & to watch the GMT (adjustable) move around the dial. WR @ 100m, indiglo, rotating bezel -- a fun watch to play with. dave:
TIMEX.INTELLIGENT.QUARTZ_3_GMT._ON_leather_003.jpg
TIMEX.INTELLIGENT.QUARTZ_3_GMT._ON_leather_004.jpg
TIMEX.INTELLIGENT.QUARTZ_3_GMT._ON_leather_006.jpg
TIMEX.INTELLIGENT.QUARTZ_3_GMT._ON_leather_007.jpg
WHAT THE HAY! ONE MORE!
TIMEX.INTELLIGENT.QUARTZ_3_GMT._ON_leather_009.jpg

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang! Happy, safe, and Healthy Tuesday!!
For the second day of TIMEX "week," this nifty TIMEX 200M IQ DIVER (#T2N812) I picked up from someone, somewhere a number of years ago. Although a large watch on a stiff, thick rubber strap, it IS a comfortable piece to wear. I like watching all the dial pointers in action, a depth guage & do have to learn to convert celceius to farenheit (sp.) so I'll know what my temperature is, heh! dave:
TIMEX.IQ_200M.DIVER_T2N812_002.jpg
TIMEX.IQ_200M.DIVER_T2N812_004.jpg
TIMEX.IQ_200M.DIVER_T2N812_005.jpg
TIMEX.IQ_200M.DIVER_T2N812_007.jpg

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hey, Gang! HAPPY HUMPDAY!! Although the weekends aren't the same right now, they eventually will be & thus gives us something to look forward to (as well as an END to this damn pandemic). Bless those who were its victims.
For HUMPDAY, this TIMEX COSTAL ALLIANCE purchased from SOMEWHERE or SOMEONE a while back. Quartz, of course, but it IS dependable,100m WR, rotatable bezel & comfy on the wrist. ("Takes a licking and keeps on ticking*") dave:
(* First heard this slogan on John Cameron Swazey's "CAMEL CARAVAN" News program circa 1958)
TIMEX.COSTAL.ALLIANCE.DIVE.WATCH_009.jpg
TIMEX.COSTAL.ALLIANCE.DIVE.WATCH_008.jpg
TIMEX.COSTAL.ALLIANCE.DIVE.WATCH_005.jpg
TIMEX.COSTAL.ALLIANCE.DIVE.WATCH_004.jpg

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hey, Gang! Welcome to PAMSDAY!! I hope it's a great day for all & hope to shut down this pandemic as soon as possible.
Today's choice on PAMSDAY is this PANERAI RADIOMIR BLACK SEAL I purchased from a dealer on the new defunct www.g-watch.com -- my first PAM rep. It's an automatic that keeps great time, rests comfortably on the old wrist, and is one of the very few Radiomir reps I possess. dave:
-PANERAI.RADIOMIR.BLACK.SEAL._ON_LEATH._STRAP_003.jpg
PANERAI.RADIOMIR.BLACK.SEAL._ON_LEATH._STRAP_004.jpg
PANERAI.RADIOMIR.BLACK.SEAL._ON_LEATH._STRAP_006.jpg
PANERAI.RADIOMIR.BLACK.SEAL._ON_LEATH._STRAP_007.jpg

Reactions: HorFan and _GC_

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang! Blessings for safety, health, patience, and peace!
Today's ride is this Sterile Homage to the ROLEX GMT-MASTER II I purchased years and years ago for a reasonable price. Although it lacks the ROLEX name on its dial, every other detail on the watch, bracelet, and such screams "ROLEX!" I also have its cousin, a homage to the ROLEX SUB I'll wear tomorrow, purchased about ten years ago from a mate whose friend declined the watch he had purchased for him. I believe I paid $50 for it, and it's been a strong performer over the years. dave:
STERILE.HOMAGE.ROLEX.GMT_11_(BLK)_003.jpg
STERILE.HOMAGE.ROLEX.GMT_11_(BLK)_004.jpg
STERILE.HOMAGE.ROLEX.GMT_11_(BLK)_005.jpg
STERILE.HOMAGE.ROLEX.GMT_11_(BLK)_007.jpg

Reactions: _GC_ and HorFan

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
Hi, Gang! Blessings for safety, health, patience, and peace!
Today's ride is this Sterile Homage to the ROLEX GMT-MASTER II I purchased years and years ago for a reasonable price. Although it lacks the ROLEX name on its dial, every other detail on the watch, bracelet, and such screams "ROLEX!" I also have its cousin, a homage to the ROLEX SUB I'll wear tomorrow, purchased about ten years ago from a mate whose friend declined the watch he had purchased for him. I believe I paid $50 for it, and it's been a strong performer over the years. dave:
View attachment 46967
View attachment 46968
View attachment 46969
View attachment 46970
very nice! Took me a minute to realize that the text was missing from the dial!

Reactions: dave47

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
HI, Gang! Stay healthy, disciplined, and SAFE!

A rare Saturday wristie post for this rarely worn sterile homage to the ROLEX SUBMARINER w/ ceramic bezel and excellent cyclops over the date window. Last night I featured its cousin, the sterile homage to the ROLEX GMT-MASTER II. THIS sterile Sub is one of the first "sterile" watches I purchased from a member ten years ago: he had purchased several of them for his friends -- one of which backed out, so I purchased it from him for about $50. Since then, this has proven to be quite robust and of a quality build. Keeps excellent time, has a smooth seconds sweep (but not an A 2836, I checked), is solid & am quite pleased. dave:

STERILE.HOMAGE.ROLEX_SUBMARINER_(BLK)_007.jpg[

[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/u/dave66/p/f108c609-c125-4af2-8ab7-1fe76b0a8c14]STERILE.HOMAGE.ROLEX_SUBMARINER_(BLK)_001.jpg

STERILE.HOMAGE.ROLEX_SUBMARINER_(BLK)_004.jpg

STERILE.HOMAGE.ROLEX_SUBMARINER_(BLK)_007.jpg

Reactions: _GC_ and HorFan

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
be CAREFUL! SURVIVE!

For this rarer SUNDAY wristie, I'd like to introduce to you the rep of my gen ROLEX DATEJUST; one I picked up M2M a number of years ago -- one complete with the watch box, hang tag, documents, and in possession of an A 2836-2 motor. Of course, it's bigger than my gen, which is a 36mm piece; this one is 40mm w/o the crown. It's very attractive with the gold wrapped case and wrapped TT jubilee bracelet. At first glance, it DOES look like the gen; however, upon closer inspection, I see a difference in the color of the gold: on my gen, the gold is brilliant and shaded light; on the rep, the gold is darker and not has brilliant. (Well, this is in MY opinion; if there are other tell-tale differences, I'd really like to know.) All said, I enjoy having this piece-- esp. when I don't want to wear the gen; I LOVE watching the seconds hand glide smoothly around the dial, just like the gen. dave:

40mm.ROLEX.DATEJUST._tt._ON_TT.JUBILEE_(a2836)_008.jpg

40mm.ROLEX.DATEJUST._tt._ON_TT.JUBILEE_(a2836)_005.jpg

40mm.ROLEX.DATEJUST._tt._ON_TT.JUBILEE_(a2836)_004.jpg

40mm.ROLEX.DATEJUST._tt._ON_TT.JUBILEE_(a2836)_002.jpg