Weekly Wristshots 10-16 December

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang! Happy Friday!!
For today's ride, this ROLEX GMT-MASTER II w/ ceramic-style Pepsi bezel I purchased from DHGATE for $58 + change. It arrived earlier this week. Well packed for shipping, it was a joy to open and investigate; it turned out to be a mixed bag of surprises: on the one hand, the case, dial, bezel and cyclops were truly impressive. From a short distance it DOES resemble a gen. The GMT hand is functional (in following the hour hand), but it's not adjustable. I could live with that; the seconds hand moves along quite smoothly, and the luminous markers are great -- for a while, before they fade. On the other hand, the "s/s" Jubilee bracelet was terrible, in that it arrived in a form that would have satisfied The Hulks wrist; moving the MICROCREWS was a challenge: I thought they had been cemented inside the links. Trying to reinsert them to size the bracelet proved to be useless. After spending almost two hours trying to rejoin the links, I gave up and took the bracelet and screws to one of my watchsmiths, who couldn't do it either. In his words, he said "The Chinese screws are poorly machined. They did a terrible job." The screws varied in thickness and length, so I gave up and put this beauty on a spare brown leather strap with a Rolex crowned buckle & went on The Bay to order a better made s/s Jubilee bracelet. Still, the watch is indeed very lovely and seems to be well made. dave:
ROLEX.GMT-MASTER.II.%20Pepsi%20Bezel%20on%20brown%20leather%20009_zpsggd47gpp.jpg
ROLEX.GMT-MASTER.II.%20Pepsi%20Bezel%20on%20brown%20leather%20005_zpsn1r0yylr.jpg
ROLEX.GMT-MASTER.II.%20Pepsi%20Bezel%20on%20brown%20leather%20007_zpsg1ocierx.jpg
ROLEX.GMT-MASTER.II.%20Pepsi%20Bezel%20on%20brown%20leather%20006_zpsnunegpet.jpg
ROLEX.GMT-MASTER.II.%20Pepsi%20Bezel%20on%20brown%20leather%20003_zpsa81tokrk.jpg