Welcome to Horology Board

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

lpl

"Keanu Reeves"
Dec 23, 2017
Toronto, Canada
image hosting service seems to decompress the photo by a significant amount. Do people use the site's IHS or external link such as imgur?

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
image hosting service seems to decompress the photo by a significant amount. Do people use the site's IHS or external link such as imgur?
Hey @lpl. What do you mean it is decompressing the images? You referring to the images being resized? If so, yes attached images are scaled to 640 pixels. Other than that, we use ImageMagick PECL which is built into the forum and enabled on the server.

Let me know if this helps. Thank you.

Reactions: lpl
OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Added some festivities to the theme. Some fireworks. And some further tweaks in place. Hope it remains smooth browsing and experience to all members. Let us know of any suggestions.

Reactions: chronomate

chronomate

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Dec 23, 2017
Added some festivities to the theme. Some fireworks. And some further tweaks in place. Hope it remains smooth browsing and experience to all members. Let us know of any suggestions.
The fireworks are cool buddy :D

Blackholejim

Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Ambassador
Dec 22, 2017
I would like to see some titties and some laser rays for the New Year....:p:p

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
This forum is really growing day by day !

Interesting to see that RWI is back, I am very happy they are back, great forum.

However it is equally interesting to note that growth here seems to be accelerating rather than the inverse since then. I was waiting to see what would happen. I had suspected that expansion here would speed up.

Can't help but relate the steady growth here to Gladwells book "The tipping Point" which if his principles relating to Dunbars numbers are correct, would seem to suggest that we are rapidly reaching the point of exponential expansion .

It is very exciting and I feel honored to be here at this stage.

I feel it is even more important now that we all continue to increase the content and content quality as much as possible.

I feel this could very easily become the most valuable horological forum on the internet. If for nothing other than it upholds no judgement on the watches we own and adheres only to the love of watches and horology.

Reactions: rwatch0 and muscles
OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
This forum is really growing day by day !

Interesting to see that RWI is back, I am very happy they are back, great forum.

However it is equally interesting to note that growth here seems to be accelerating rather than the inverse since then. I was waiting to see what would happen. I had suspected that expansion here would speed up.

Can't help but relate the steady growth here to Gladwells book "The tipping Point" which if his principles relating to Dunbars numbers are correct, would seem to suggest that we are rapidly reaching the point of exponential expansion .

It is very exciting and I feel honored to be here at this stage.

I feel it is even more important now that we all continue to increase the content and content quality as much as possible.

I feel this could very easily become the most valuable horological forum on the internet. If for nothing other than it upholds no judgement on the watches we own and adheres only to the love of watches and horology.
Thank you @Timnic54. It wouldn't have been possible without you guys. You guys rock!!