What DAYTONA are you wearing today?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.
Apr 4, 2018
Being an ARF, I believe it runs a Valjoux 7750 clone movement, with frozen 3 & 9, modified to run the seconds @6 and decorated to look like a 4130.

The rotor is indeed very light and insufficient.

I'm planing to remove the rotor and deco plates and add a thinner lower case back.
This is a must IMO for ARF. Please let us know which caseback you use as there is some debate as to what will work on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MrE

MrE

Content Contributor
Feb 27, 2018
This is a must IMO for ARF. Please let us know which caseback you use as there is some debate as to what will work on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watch sits too high on the wrist. My wife doesn't see it, but it bugs me.
image.jpg

I was talking to @hautehorloge over at repgeek. He suggested to use a case back from a 21J Daytona - or a Noob 4130 Daytona to get the correct shape.
I asked Lucy already but she wasn't sure.

Last edited:

Rush

Content Contributor
Jan 28, 2018
@MrE

Please keep us posted should you modify the case back.
Mine also has a similar set up like yours, with a working chronograph, but is pudgy in width due to the movement.
On another note, I've actually seen online where people will buy an aftermarket clear case back, and show off that cloned Rolex Daytona movement.

OP
MrE

MrE

Content Contributor
Feb 27, 2018
@MrE

Please keep us posted should you modify the case back.
Mine also has a similar set up like yours, with a working chronograph, but is pudgy in width due to the movement.
On another note, I've actually seen online where people will buy an aftermarket clear case back, and show off that cloned Rolex Daytona movement.
Yes, the Thomas Preik mod. Interesting.

@hautehorloge over at repgeek offers his services:
- takes off rotor and deco plate
- installs gen spec 7750 rotor
- achieves further thinning by lowering the hand set, thinning the rehaut and crystal gasket
- reshapes the case (stock ARF is too fat on the left flank and too rounded)
- shortens the pushers
- Additionally, offers to install gen hands and a gen coronet @12 to make the watch visually perfect

He offers the entire process for 400,-€ including labor and shipping plus (gen) parts cost.

Reactions: Rush