What else to talk about besides my watches. LOL.

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Beautiful watches.

Building your own real Rolexes. There is no doubt about it: you are da man!

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
On of my favorite Jim Carey line in Ace Venture is when he saids
Ace Ventura: Of course. How selfish of me. Let's do all the things that YOU wanna do.
Reminds of the line, "But enough about me. What do YOU think of me?" LOL

Reactions: occb2

Sub007

Feb 7, 2018
Hey R. Great to see you hanging out here! Guess it won´t be long before we will see eachother again on RWI. Jackj1980 was so kind to refer me to this forum. Seeing quite a lot of familiar faces :)

Any new projects upcoming? I still vividly remember my first SD 16600 I bought from you for which you went great lengths to get it to me. You were then contemplating of doing a watch - rolex school...and look now. You´ve built your own Rolex not once but couple of times. Respect brother!!!

BackwoodsJon

Trusted Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 22, 2017
in the woods
wow man, those are some really nice pieces. The knowledge that some of you guys have is amazing. I have been completely focused against 5 digits lately trying to learn as much as I can. Thank you for sharing.

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
That was a really interesting read. @occb2, you are a class act, and I hope you make it to Rolex school to fulfill your dream.

I only found this rep community about a year ago and its cool to learn about some of the history. I've actually been into reps for a long time. I still have some that I bought in the 90s. I'll have to post some pics.

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
When I was a rookie cop in NYC. I went to canal street. Not abusing my authority or anything.....LOL but I would ask if they had fake rolexes. Now back in 92, 93 they had cheap ass fakes. I got one. I still have it. I post pics all the time. I got married in that watch. I got married at 27 and brought my first real rolex when I was 30. My wife got her first one too at 30. But anyway. Post the pics. The one I have is a 21 J and it still starts with a shake. The thing is the stainless is really cheap and bronze is coming out of it. But cool watch. Got if for $20 bucks in the early 90's and it still works!.
I'll let you know when I post. I've love to hear what you think. On my way out now, but I'll do it later today if I still have good light when I get back.

BackwoodsJon

Trusted Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 22, 2017
in the woods
wow man, those are some really nice pieces. The knowledge that some of you guys have is amazing. I have been completely focused against 5 digits lately trying to learn as much as I can. Thank you for sharing.

Can I ask you why you want to stay away fro the 5 digit watches? You have some amazing watches there in the GMT and sub line. Both two tone and stainless. Man I am dying for a real case to complete my 16610LV. Every part rolex but phong midcase. The 5 dig sub is still my favorite. My LV is my everyday go too. If I have to run out real quick I will yank the 16610LV. I have been wearing the 116610LV because of trying to bond with it. Its happening. But don't count out a nice 16610!

My buddy made a 16610LV with the noob 116610LN dial and hands. Looks cool. Looks like a LV 16610 until the lights are out. Then its blue and not green lum. LOL. Cool food for thought.
Sorry man, I misspoke. I have been focused towards 5 digits. Not away from them. I agree with you. My LV is by far my favorite watch at the moment and I have been focusing most of my energies towards modding 5 digits. I think the cases are works of art and have been working to achieve that level of beauty. 5 digit subs have become my new favorite.

My LV

I love these lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thehipp04

Feb 16, 2018
@occb2 So aweomse man, what a cool read. I really enjoy hearing everyone's back story on how they got into this hobby. Would love to build my own piece one day! Would be a dream.