What happened with the rattrapante?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
Last I'd heard it was limited exclusive to Andrew at TrustyTime, I think -- did it ever get rereleased?

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Never got off the ground I believe. They couldn’t reproduce at an affordable price
I think.

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Maybe someone can arrange a group buy exclusive to HB.

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
If memory serves me right, they produced about 60 pieces and it used the same movement as the gen Panerai (Swiss, not an Asian clone). I think the cost was upper $600 range. It's a beautiful piece and if they had a longer production run I would have picked up one.

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
I would venture a guess that the movement availability limited the production run.

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
Maybe we can get a TD to make another limited run? We can hope.

Subman

Mar 11, 2018
Yeah but it had a couple of issues , mainly the pusher @ 7 was longer than the gens and the crystal had the wrong distortions to the dial so yeah ... also it was an exhibition case back which was an instant tell

MrTimeZone

Trusted Dealer
Feb 28, 2018
www.mrtimezone.net
It's a very nice watch. If this comes up again we will certainly carry it. The tells on the watch are minor and can only be spotted with someone who is intimately familiar with the watch like the length of the pusher or the appearance of the movement. Generally people who are judging reps don't know that a working rattrapante movement has indeed been used in a replica watch. Maybe it's because of the very limited quantity (I heard it was 80 not 60 if I remember correctly).