Where to find a gen strap for my big pilot?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

ericocean

Feb 19, 2018
Per the title I’d love to look into getting a gen strap for my 5004 I know they are expensive but does anyone know where to find them?

SinSir

Watchaholic
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Chicago
Search for santoni straps IWC on google. I looked a while back and found several places or sellers. I seem to remember a place in the UK. Check the IWC forum and of course the bay too.
Not Gen, but StrapFreak.com has some nice IWC options and a pilot one. Who else was there... Again not gen, but OC watch company and several others I can't think of.

Good Luck!

Reactions: ericocean

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
I've had a gen IWC strap and a strap made by @smp_lover -- I have to say that I like Vic's way more than the IWC strap. The finish is better, the quality of the croc is better, and the color is richer.

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
I've had a gen IWC strap and a strap made by @smp_lover -- I have to say that I like Vic's way more than the IWC strap. The finish is better, the quality of the croc is better, and the color is richer.
I second the quality of Vic’s straps. I’ve had one on my VC and my AP. Both were expertly made and the alligator was top notch and finished in a very classy and luxurious way. Not super shiny cheaper ones. For straight gen iwc, which is honestly awesome at alligator, you can call a boutique or use eBay. I think the Black iwc straps aren’t really worth it. The brown and grey are where iwc shine above almost anyone else.

Reactions: Scott and SinSir
OP
ericocean

ericocean

Feb 19, 2018
I second the quality of Vic’s straps. I’ve had one on my VC and my AP. Both were expertly made and the alligator was top notch and finished in a very classy and luxurious way. Not super shiny cheaper ones. For straight gen iwc, which is honestly awesome at alligator, you can call a boutique or use eBay. I think the Black iwc straps aren’t really worth it. The brown and grey are where iwc shine above almost anyone else.
Very helpful thank you very much I have already given Vic a shout out.
thanks again

OP
ericocean

ericocean

Feb 19, 2018
Search for santoni straps IWC on google. I looked a while back and found several places or sellers. I seem to remember a place in the UK. Check the IWC forum and of course the bay too.
Not Gen, but StrapFreak.com has some nice IWC options and a pilot one. Who else was there... Again not gen, but OC watch company and several others I can't think of.

Good Luck!
thank you @SinSir I appreciate your response

OP
ericocean

ericocean

Feb 19, 2018
Looking into that @Scott think I'm going to weigh my options with Vic

Reactions: Scott

SinSir

Watchaholic
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Chicago
As a general rule I prefer high quality leather or exotic custom straps over gen for about any brand. There are exceptions and gen is still gen and typically very nice, but I like the uniqueness plus quality you can get from custom straps. Both roads are good options and choose the best for you, watch, and strap.

Reactions: ericocean and Scott

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
If you are looking for something custom you can check out Camille fournet also. They are the oem strap makers for JLC and other high end brands. Their website has a custom strap building option so you can get just about anything you want.
82729C50-0D2C-4ED5-B74B-2AEAB7A58349.jpeg

Reactions: ericocean and Scott

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
Also a good option; I've been to the boutique here and liked the straps a lot. I believe it was @Timnic54 who recommended them to me.

Reactions: ericocean

SinSir

Watchaholic
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Chicago
I've been looking for this link for you...

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=890576&rid=0

3/4 the way down the page:

Svw597, IWC big pilot ultrasoft honey brown vintage leather strap, 22x18mm, 55x145mm, thick 4.0mm taper to 2.5mm, cream stitch.

rap22x18mm55x145mmthick40mmtaperto25mmultrasofthoneybrownvintagecowskincreamstitch01_zps1b1c6463.jpg

rap22x18mm55x145mmthick40mmtaperto25mmultrasofthoneybrownvintagecowskincreamstitch02_zps3192de0b.jpg

8mm55x145mmthick40mmtaperto25mmultrasofthoneybrownvintagecowskincreamstitch03NO08274_zps94e4115f.jpg

The IWC big pilot custom riveted leather strap is priced at $ 140 USD, now charges the promotional price at $ 90 USD including registered airmail worldwide shipping.