Wristies 2/22 - 2/28/2021

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hello, Group!

Welcome to a new week of a very cold, snowy February!! Spring just can't get here fast enough. Man, I've had enough of this wintery white stuff; seems me and wifey have an almost daily ritural of digging out the autos & cleaning the snow off of them; on the other hand, we ARE getting good cardiovascular work outs!! Watch here is an oldie but rarely worn gem: TISSOT PRC 200 Chronograph, with very nice accents on the hands. When I first got it, I thought it might be a gen because "TISSOT" was stamped on both the cell battery and the back of the movement; but with the price I paid, I believed it to be just an excellent rep!! dave:

Reactions: minty007

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hello, Group!

Welcome to yet another snowy, cold Tuesday. The white stuff on the ground, AND cars, AND roads, ETC, has now lost its magic. Just another day closer to SPRING. Today, one of my recent instant back up watches I grab when undecided about what to wear -- this ROLEX N.D. Submariner, with classic black dial, bezel, and s/s bracelet. I become amazed how our tastes change over time, with this one spending more of its time in the watch box than on my wrist. Such realities as this makes collecting more than just interesting. dave:

Reactions: minty007

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
A belated wristie for last night -- HUMPDAY. Had such a difficult time producing this earlier this evening, I had to give up in disgust. Now, before my weekly PAMSDAY post, I'll try it again, for here and elsewhere: old INVICTA MASTER OF THE OCEANS Pro Diver automatic. With its run over, back into the old watch box. dave:

Reactions: Rx4Time

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hiya, Group!

It's PAMSDAY here, so here's one of the selections from my FAV group: 4-Liner PAM with sandwich dial, mechanical wind, on dark chocolate strap. No. I don't know the model number of this; I've given up trying to understand the Panerai system. I just love it. dave:

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!

This is my THIRD attempt to post these wristies of a newly arrived watch from Friday: an INGERSOLL Chronograph from a seller on eBay. Briefly, my first two attempts were disasters, with me continually hitting the wrong key. Gawd, age!! The new watch is very lovely and well crafted in a two tone case what measures 44mm x 15mm & weighs in at 103.3 grams. The chrono's movement is your standard quartz movement & lacks a VK style, which is all right with me. The large chronograph seconds hand remains stationary until the chronograph is activated. The strap is a genuine leather with an accompanying butter fly clasp. I'm not certain about the lume; have't had time to experiment with it. It came in a beautiful wooden box with papers; if I can, I'll post some unboxing pics later on. It was priced under $65 and seems like a good buy, based upon some background reading I have done. I'll be my ride for a few days until I decide whether to keep it or not. dave:

Reactions: minty007 and HorFan