Wristies Thanksgiving week 11/23 - 11/29/2020

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

minty007

Once in a while you get shown the light...
Diplomat
Feb 20, 2018
Colorado, USA
Have a great Thanksgiving week gang!

How different will yours be this year? Instead of the usual near-30 heads, we'll have a total of 7 this year... at separate tables... outside, under heaters. No grandparents (I'll be the oldest attending), and for what it's worth, everyone will have had recent negative COVID test results.

What a weird world we're living in right now...

Last edited:
Reactions: dave47

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
GOOD EVENING, folks!

Welcome to a new week of lovely, excititing gems; to enjoy them, just stay safe and be sensible.

Today's ride is this old ROLEX TT SUB (c) I've had for a long time and have kept it safely ensconced in one of my watch boxes. I decided to wear this because (1). I haven't worn it in a very long time, and (2). it's my all time FAV Rolex Sub. A few years ago while on a Caribbean cruise, we stopped off in St. Thomas and found ourselves at the Rolex shop located there. In the display case was a new, shiny GEN version of this, which wifey wanted to purchase for me. I told her to wait a minute and check out the sales price -- $12,000 usd. I told her I loved her very much & was happy she wanted to make ME happy; but, I was not prepared -- or willing to lay down the cost of a decent used car; needless to say she was stunned by the price. Sometimes, Rolex makes it very difficult to purchase one of their watches. I'm content with the two beautiful reps of it I have. dave:

Reactions: minty007

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
GOOD EVENING, MATES!!

Let's hope the new week is more promising than last week. In that spirit, I offer for your perusal this old INVICTA GRAND DIVER AUTO (300m/1000ft.) I've had for a while and tried to sell here and on RWI twice; there were no takers. It's a good watch for an INVICTA, having a 24-jewel NH35A automatic movement, 300m/1000 ft. water resistance, a full dial that emits lume -- and not from the hands only, and a sizable appearance (51mm (w/crown) x 16mm; 207.1 grams) but very comfy on the ole' wrist. I know I paid a lot for it; just don't recall how much; recent web research on it produced price ranges of $180 to $200, with one available for $500, which is WAY TOO MUCH for an Invicta. Still, it's a stylish, substantial piece I just might end up keeping. dave:

FULL DIAL LUME (Sorry; it's the best I can do.)

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
The Cellini Prince

That's really interesting piece. I'm assuming rep mostly because its condition looks too pristine, but I don't recall ever seeing anything like it?

Reactions: minty007 and dave47

minty007

Once in a while you get shown the light...
Diplomat
Feb 20, 2018
Colorado, USA
Thanks - yep, it's a rep. One not often seen. It's not all that accurate, but with so few of them (rep or gen) out there, it's close enough to wear and enjoy.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
HAPPY HUMPDAY, gang! Enjoy the day and esp. enjoy tomorrow -- and above all, be careful, be safe, and be smart. COVID19 is VERY real.

Today, I fished out this old TAG HEUER from one of the watch boxes & decided to finally wear it after its long absence from my wrist. Not the best rep, but it's all right with me. There are no running hands on the dial; and when the chrono is activated, its seconds hands "tick." Oh, well. dave:

TAG.HEUER.MONACO.BLUE.DIAL.ON.TAN.LEATHE

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all CONUS mates; Happy LIFE day to our International mates; during this time of infections and deaths, we must hold onto something to which we can give thanks.

For PAMSDAY today, a retread from last week: this PAM on a nice chocolate strap with a sandwich dial. No, I don't know the model number; I've come to believe Panerai model numbers are too random and scattershot to be helpful to this OLD Fart. Still, it's one of my all time favs; and being a PAM, I can easily tell the time on the dial. dave:

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
HI, Gang!

Welcome to another weekend, which brings us closer to the Big Holiday: Christmas!! Let's be careful out there!!

For the start of the weekend, this rarely worn TISSOT PRC 200 Chronograph that I secured from a seller on eBay years and years ago. I had never heard of the brand & the seller said it was the real thing. (Back then, I didn't know to much; and, quite frankly, I am still not too sure it's "the real thing" or whether it's a rep). Perhaps someone could comment on this because the gens I've seen on line look like this; and when I changed the battery, a lot of the nomenclature inside the watch said "Tissot." Regardless, it is an attractive watch and should wear it more often. dave:

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
HI, Gang!

Welcome to another weekend, which brings us closer to the Big Holiday: Christmas!! Let's be careful out there!!

For the start of the weekend, this rarely worn TISSOT PRC 200 Chronograph that I secured from a seller on eBay years and years ago. I had never heard of the brand & the seller said it was the real thing. (Back then, I didn't know to much; and, quite frankly, I am still not too sure it's "the real thing" or whether it's a rep). Perhaps someone could comment on this because the gens I've seen on line look like this; and when I changed the battery, a lot of the nomenclature inside the watch said "Tissot." Regardless, it is an attractive watch and should wear it more often. dave:

Looks to be the real deal to me. IMHO it's always nice to have a quartz or two in the collection for when you're too lazy to wind a watch. This is my one quartz watch.