16610 build again

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

alba777

Mar 6, 2018
What's about this case?
WC-24-2T.jpg
WC-24-7T.jpg
WC-24-5T.jpg
WC-24-6T.jpg

I am thinking to buy it. How good is it?
And to buy yuki 3135. What about dial and hands?

sputim

Content Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
Swiss made
The lugs look polished too much for my taste but if the case is gen spec it might be worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maron

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Mar 2, 2018
Canada
I suggest a JF case for your build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silentflight

Mar 2, 2018
Well there is a $900 price difference. That’s a pretty good reason. I’d go with a TC over a phong/Jensen also. Otherwise just buy a gen used
Good point.

I guess I'm just starting to turn into a bit of a perfectionist. I just feel that spending 1k on a good build makes less sense than spending 1600 on a perfect build.

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Good point.

I guess I'm just starting to turn into a bit of a perfectionist. I just feel that spending 1k on a good build makes less sense than spending 1600 on a perfect build.
I go back and forth. The 16610 reps are so good already I went all in on one and then compared to my light Franken tc v7x and it wasn’t much of a difference for me. Sold the super Franken. Now my 16623 I went all in. Gen movement and bracelet even but it’s because I loved it and the rep stuff just can’t do gold correctly or the insert correctly. If I can’t spot at a tell at $1000 on my wrist I’m happy. It’s why I never do APs. The date window is such an obvious tell no matter how much modding you do I can’t do it. Would have to be gen dial and dw and cyclops for me. That’s just too high for me to want to invest in a rep that still isn’t there enough for me yet. Everyone has their own thresholds and prices in their minds and that’s the beauty of reps and this hobby I think. Some people see a BP 16610 stock and their minds are blown and they’re so happy. Other have to have a phong with all gen parts.

Silentflight

Mar 2, 2018
I go back and forth. The 16610 reps are so good already I went all in on one and then compared to my light Franken tc v7x and it wasn’t much of a difference for me. Sold the super Franken. Now my 16623 I went all in. Gen movement and bracelet even but it’s because I loved it and the rep stuff just can’t do gold correctly or the insert correctly. If I can’t spot at a tell at $1000 on my wrist I’m happy. It’s why I never do APs. The date window is such an obvious tell no matter how much modding you do I can’t do it. Would have to be gen dial and dw and cyclops for me. That’s just too high for me to want to invest in a rep that still isn’t there enough for me yet. Everyone has their own thresholds and prices in their minds and that’s the beauty of reps and this hobby I think. Some people see a BP 16610 stock and their minds are blown and they’re so happy. Other have to have a phong with all gen parts.

Same boat here.

I can spot a rep rolex in general in 10 seconds.

I know that it's just going to be me that will notice, I just couldn't wear anything less than perfect. I have an all gen 16014 excerpt movement build I hate wearing because of the DWO font.

I won't ever be let myself look at an AP too long.

Reactions: JackJ1980