A New, Inexpensive Gem from The 'Gate

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!

I want to share with everyone this new, inexpensive piece I received from The 'Gate today. As a watch lover, I collect all kinds of watches; and thanks to a thread on WUS called "20 or less, let's see them" (LINK: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/20-dollars-less-lets-see-them-936070-30.html), I've been introduced to a bevy of well made but inexpensive watches I'm NOT embarrassed to wear in public. One of my favorite brands in this genre' is NAVIFORCE. Although under $20, they're actually well made, minimually water resistant to 30m, attractive, and rugged. This NAVIFORCE is such a watch: it's very attractive -- esp. with the Roman numerals (of which I'm quite fond), solid, and rugged -- i.e. the gold plating doesn't chip easily; the "leather" strap is well made and flexible. The watch came in an attractive, but inexpensive watch box complete with warranty and instructions. This model's specs are respectable: 46mm w/out the crown; 48mm with crown; 13mm thick, and weighing in at 68 grams. I would have taken pics of the movement but couldn't find the lip to pop it off (the caseback has notches to SUGGEST a screw off back). If this latest addition to the collection is like its other NAVIFORCE mates (that I wear around the house and outside while doing stuff), it should give me some decent life.Sometimes an excellent find does NOT have to set you back bu ku bucks. And now, some (a lot) of pics. dave:

NAVITIMER.RG.ROMAN.NUMERALS.TAN.LEATHER.STRAP%20005_zps01zpuvze.jpg

NAVITIMER.RG.ROMAN.NUMERALS.TAN.LEATHER.STRAP%20006_zpsn20wyhhu.jpg

NAVITIMER.RG.ROMAN.NUMERALS.TAN.LEATHER.STRAP%20008_zpsny0xcrcs.jpg

NAVITIMER.RG.ROMAN.NUMERALS.TAN.LEATHER.STRAP%20009_zpsyrb805sk.jpg

NAVITIMER.RG.ROMAN.NUMERALS.TAN.LEATHER.STRAP%20010_zpsvmrw0ijt.jpg

NAVITIMER.RG.ROMAN.NUMERALS.TAN.LEATHER.STRAP%20011_zpshhp357nh.jpg

NAVITIMER.RG.ROMAN.NUMERALS.TAN.LEATHER.STRAP%20013_zpswba2iqyx.jpg

NAVITIMER.RG.ROMAN.NUMERALS.TAN.LEATHER.STRAP%20015_zpsts3jnjr4.jpg

NAVITIMER.RG.ROMAN.NUMERALS.TAN.LEATHER.STRAP%20016_zpsskdbqgrf.jpg

Reactions: MrE and PACCBET
OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Looks good! movement?
OOPS! I forgot to mention the movement! This is quartz powered. I don't know the model number because I couldn't pry off the back -- it's a pop off caseback, not a screw down one. I'll try again later. Thanks for asking.

dave

Reactions: ginopino