Anyone else who just can't fall in love with the six-digit subs?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

androme

Mar 11, 2018
Brexit
I don't know why but as much as I loved the franken TC v7x I had, I just hated the bracelet and clasp. So I'm turning my v6s into a superfranken thanks to occb2 for what to do with my SH3135 I acquired and parts from Sub007 and another dude from RWI. Just prefer the feel of the 6 digit sub including the bracelet. I did contemplate sticking the v6s on the TC but it didn't look right. I may change my mind one day but I defo feel the head of the 5 digit is nicer than the 6 digit but at the end of the day I prefer the feel of a watch above looks.

alfa1

Mar 10, 2018
The 4-5 digit Sub Family, Explorer II, GMT, they have a personality, or even more....perhaps a soul.
Rolex and many other Luxury Brands wishing to stay ahead of competition simply embraced the then trend of larger watches.
Many have become just to large for the mans normal wrist size and are over powering
The subtleties of an Omega Seamaster 300 Pro or a 16800 On The wrist of a Well Dressed Man convey a richness of sophistication that can’t be ignored a certain Savoir Faire.

For the sake of this silly and pretentious trend......why not just duct tape an Alarm Clock on your wrist and prance around.

Last edited:

Tienbang

Mar 24, 2018
If I had the means to acquire gen parts for a 6 digit like I can for a 5 digit I probably would be more interested in the 6 digits.

Reactions: Nivka

Nivka

Content Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
I love them both. 5 digits are better replicated than 6 digits, hence my decision to buy a gen sub-c. $900 for an insert is too much485ee4dc4d5503817d6611212f58c8a5.jpg

Tc with gen insert is good value
3adbf8f5a3577de02d91860df5b484f1.jpg

Reactions: MrE