Clerc Hydroscaph Central Chronograph

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

RepGuy

Feb 23, 2018
United States
My new model CHY-157 Clerc just arrived today, and I wanted to do a short review on initial thoughts and specifications. This is a limited edition Hydroscaph Central Chronograph model, numbered 21/500, in steel and fitted with a rubberized hornback crocodile deployment strap. The watch is larger at 43.8mm (49mm to crown), but wears much smaller thanks to the articulated lugs of the case, which create a more customized fit.
This model uses the Clerc Calibre C608, which is a 51 jewel movement with small seconds, central chronograph functions, and a 24 hour day and night subdial. The central chronograph is a cool feature, as it removes the need for the usual chronograph subdial seen on most movements. So far, movement accuracy is spot on, and the rubberization done to the strap feels better than I thought. The deployment clasp is secure, and the orange stitching ties into the dial well. The lume is strong and legible, and the overall readability of the dial is good as well. The locking bezel is a cool feature, and the bezel itself has a crisp click each time it is engaged. The back of the case features two separate sapphire glass display windows, although most of the movement is still hidden behind the caseback.
I plan to update this with better pictures and observations at some point if I can remember, but the below will do for now. The accessories (box, paperwork, ect.) are all high quality as well, but nobody really cares about those in an observational review, so I didn't bother to picture those.
moJhqg.jpg
TrlyBR.jpg
FTEEnj.jpg
xcPPKX.jpg
YF8bvO.jpg
UrCK2G.jpg
u0a4Fw.jpg

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Nice review. First time seeing one. I like the concept I’ve been seeing with the locking bezel.