Identify an early 20th Century watch?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Boudicca

Mar 19, 2020
Yep, a newb and I have this watch ... It's really lovely, but of course the crystal is broken and I suspect radium numerals. No, I don't plan to lick the radium.
The watch itself has a nice size and weight, with the embossed pattern on the side slightly gold colored. I'm pretty sure it's stainless and the gold I see is not pronounced. The side embossing is an acanthus motif, I believe. The stem and hour hand are gone. Embossing on the bracelet chain seems to echo the watch, but is not as sharply done.

The only identifying mark is Winsor, followed by a circle with the letters SB inside and a Pat Pend. If you like a mystery, I really just want to know how to look this baby up. I'm striking out.

The watch came from my parents' house and I don't know whose it was.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
Yep, a newb and I have this watch ... It's really lovely, but of course the crystal is broken and I suspect radium numerals. No, I don't plan to lick the radium.
The watch itself has a nice size and weight, with the embossed pattern on the side slightly gold colored. I'm pretty sure it's stainless and the gold I see is not pronounced. The side embossing is an acanthus motif, I believe. The stem and hour hand are gone. Embossing on the bracelet chain seems to echo the watch, but is not as sharply done.

The only identifying mark is Winsor, followed by a circle with the letters SB inside and a Pat Pend. If you like a mystery, I really just want to know how to look this baby up. I'm striking out.

The watch came from my parents' house and I don't know whose it was.

Thanks!
Welcome! I don't see any pictures? Did you successfully identify the watch?