In pursuit of the 16610 LV

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Spinman

Dec 22, 2017
I've always dreamed of having a 16610 LV. I have a TC V7X LV with a gen crystal, and I've been on the hunt for a Gen LV ever since.
My budget/income are very small, and I never thought I could afford one, so my plan was to purchase a 16610 LN and convert it to an LV.
I found the unicorn about 3 months ago. That being a Blistered LV Dial and LV handset. I was ready to find a Gen LN and swap the dial and hands. This would make my LV dream come true.
I've been on the hunt ever since. The price of the 5 digits has really increased over the last year. Especially, the 5 digit LV's. It appears that the price will only keep rising on the 5 digits.
It looks like I'll have to spend about 6000 USD to buy a gen LN, and then swap in the Gen LV dial and hands. At the end of the day, only I'll know that it wasn't ever a "Real LV"
Unless I try to sell it or have it serviced. This mismatch has troubled me for the last couple of months. I've spoken at length to @occb2 regarding my plans for this build.
I really appreciate his builds and the time/effort he puts into them. OCCB felt that the serial would always come back to an LN, if it was serviced at Rolex. I started adding up all of the costs involved, and I am quickly approaching a Gen LV in price. This catch 22 forced me to make some difficult decisions.
Last month, I received an offer for 0% financing for 18 months. I thought this might be a way of financing a gen LN, and making the LV swap. Today, I found a Gen LV. I added up all the costs involved and weighed the decision of whether it was worth the expense of having a Gen LN/LV conversion.
I decided to buy the Gen LV. This has always been my dream watch, so I went ahead and picked it up. I'll finance it for 0% and probably sell off some of the other parts to help pay for it. At the end of the day, If I ever have to sell it or have it serviced, it will be a true LV.
Ladies and Gentleman,
I present the soon to be arriving dream purchase for your viewing pleasure.
WRWUN5S.jpg
FFXVsTz.jpg
This 16610 LV is a D serial model and was manufactured in July 2005.
I'll be eating rice for the next year, but I'll be wearing my dream watch while doing it.

I'm sure a lot of you on here are in a similar situation regarding builds and the amount of money we put into them. Most of you probably are trying to decide which way to go yourselves.
Either way is good, and I will still love my Super Frankens. I am not trying to influence anyone into what choice is best for them, just explaining the thought process behind my decision.
For better or worse, sometimes our ideas/builds are dynamic and change as we get into them.

I'll be receiving this baby on Tuesday and I'll post a wrist shot. Thank you for the knowledge, friendship, and camaraderie that you've given me over the last year.
Spinman

Last edited:
OP
Spinman

Spinman

Dec 22, 2017
You know it's bad when you go ahead and buy 50lb's of rice in advance of your new watch purchase. That's some serious planning...

Jbauers

Diplomat
Diplomat
Dec 22, 2017
A great choice! Congrats on your purchase. Can't wait to see that first wristie! Mandatory bowl of white rice in background needed.

Reactions: Spinman
OP
Spinman

Spinman

Dec 22, 2017
Will a bowl of Cajun Red Beans and Rice with Andouille suffice? That's on the stove now.

BackwoodsJon

Trusted Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 22, 2017
in the woods
ah man @Spinman, congrats on the LV! It is one of my dream watches too, the color changing green, the maxi dial! Wear it in good health my friend! Since you may have parts lying around......

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Congratulations brother. A gen is always a pleasure and an investment. You know whenver you want to sell, the money will be there for about the same or more. Specially 5 digits