JJS Rolex 16610LN Z-Serial: First Look

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

lpl

"Keanu Reeves"
Dec 23, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I’ll admit up front that I’ve never really been a fan of the Rolex 16610LN Series over the past year and a half that I’ve been in the hobby. That is, until recently. After having held onto a few TC 16610’s and only finding out that the maker has been long gone, I had to look for an alternative that will either match or surpass TC. I wanted something very good out of the box, so I wanted to give JJS 16610LN a try. I may have just found the answer.

iugiQHy.jpg

Aesthetically speaking, the enthusiasts will be able to tell that the watch has a few minor flaws. However, as many of you may know, JJS is based on a JF No-Rehaut platform that is highly modified in terms of metalwork, and everything else is up to you. I only opted in for a few Genuine parts which are the insert and the datewheel. This addresses the major noticeable flaws and I think it will be a good starting point for figuring out which direction I’d like to take the watch to. The flaws don’t concern me at the moment as I’ve been told that this fits most gen parts.

kYEnxVk.jpg

‘Nakai San’ decided to add a natural patina to the case amidst the Superluminova Dial and Hands. Let’s have a closer look at the midcase.

6y3XkwQ.jpg

I know people always talk about lugs, crownguards, and SELs on the 16610. What do you think?

Af30jnJ.jpg
gCDKQU5.jpg

Overall, I have found my daily driver. I am truly blown away with the overall fit and finish of the watch and will definitely be getting an upgrade within the next couple of months while I gather more gen parts and hope to make this hard to tell apart from Gen.

YrweDVA.jpg
htlRQ3R.jpg
seIgQJJ.jpgdFhgTDq.jpgo8zLV1N.jpgE1DjexL.jpg

In addition, here's a clip of the bezel "click" operation:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33T8nfRPCt8&feature=youtu.be

Within the next couple of days, I will be putting this alongside a Gen so you guys can have a closer look at it in comparison to the real deal.
Again, thank you, @JJS!

Last edited:

PACCBET

не за горами
Ambassador
Dec 22, 2017
Canada
Nice write up!

Knowing this guy’s OCD tendencies, you know it’s the bees knees.

Reactions: lpl

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Nice review and great pics! Looking forward to the side by side.

Subterfuge

Mar 10, 2018
so JJS is actually a JF sent to a modder for additional upgrade options, with case reshaping being priority one? it's not something you can buy from say a TD ya? It wasn't clear in the way it was written up.

Reactions: JackJ1980 and lpl
OP
lpl

lpl

"Keanu Reeves"
Dec 23, 2017
Toronto, Canada
so JJS is actually a JF sent to a modder for additional upgrade options, with case reshaping being priority one? it's not something you can buy from say a TD ya? It wasn't clear in the way it was written up.
Correct. JJS = Highly Modified JF No-Rehaut, mostly focusing on case, bracelet, SEL work.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

WatchGuy

Dec 22, 2017
I believe they also will be servicing the sh3135

Subterfuge

Mar 10, 2018
ic ok, i have a jf no rehaut myself that i put in my rotation only once a week so the thought of further upgrades still seem distant at the moment. But as a fun fact, i've taken macro shots of it out of the box and posted it on some reputable fora and no one has had their arms up in the air so far. these new 5 digit reps are now almost 99% like the real deal it's frightening.

bmvNFak.jpg

Reactions: GMTG0D
OP
lpl

lpl

"Keanu Reeves"
Dec 23, 2017
Toronto, Canada
ic ok, i have a jf no rehaut myself that i put in my rotation only once a week so the thought of further upgrades still seem distant at the moment. But as a fun fact, i've taken macro shots of it out of the box and posted it on some reputable fora and no one has had their arms up in the air so far. these new 5 digit reps are now almost 99% like the real deal it's frightening.

View attachment 12606
Simply compare the lugs and the overall look of the case. 20180401_231911(0).jpg

OP
lpl

lpl

"Keanu Reeves"
Dec 23, 2017
Toronto, Canada
yop ic the lugs are visibly thinner. how much for a 'basic' jjs reshape and service?
Contact @JJS himself. I believe he sells it as a package. I don't think you can do it a la carte and opt out of a movement service.

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
‘Nakai San’ decided to add a natural patina to the case amidst the Superluminova Dial and Hands. Let’s have a closer look at the midcase.
Any idea if this guy is actually Japanese/living in Japan?

OP
lpl

lpl

"Keanu Reeves"
Dec 23, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Any idea if this guy is actually Japanese/living in Japan?
I referred to him as 'Nakai San' as he works on the case based on feel and what he believes that matches the case, hence his addition of the patina... Reminded me of RWB.
Legends_Akira_Nakai_RWB_PASMAG_1.jpg

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
Reminded me of RWB.
Gotcha, thanks... no idea who that is though. :)

You got my hopes up for a second that there might actually be an experienced modder here...

ginopino

Jan 25, 2018
Great review, thanks man!
Looks a very good job.
Now it's time to know prices :)

Alexsuh

Feb 28, 2018
Thanks for the review. May I ask the price? Or should I pm jjs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drifter

Mar 31, 2018
Looks brilliant mate. I got to check out the 5 digit subs. Never had the pleasure. But looks like I should give it a crack at some point. Added this to my ever growing list.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ChefZorba

Hobo 115
Jan 20, 2018
Southern California
Great review and write up! Looks like JJS could soon very well be the king of the mountain in this area of the rep world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk