Rolex 16610 R-Serial build

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

sputim

Content Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
Swiss made
First and foremost glad to be part of HB. I have to say the Forum looks very neat so keep recommending it and let's generate more traffic guys.

I have recently started my Franken 16610 R-Serial build but encountered a few issues. Let's talk specs first:

- TC v6 case and v7 extreme complete bezel assembly
- Gen Swiss - T<25 dial, matching hands and insert with a very nice and rich patina (all parts were removed from the same watch)
- Gen crystal no lec (also from the same watch)
- Gen 703 Crown and Tube
- Gen serif DW
- SH3135

Only have one picture currently and the build was more or less straight forward. However, I encounter 2 issues. First, the gend second hand does not fit the SH3135 pinion. The pinion seems a tad too small so the second hand is sitting loose (Rightnow a jf second hand is mounted which is a big no-go). Second, quickdate set does not work. I have read about similar problems people have encountered with the SH3135 movement. My best bet is probably to replace the second hand pinion and the calendar setting mechanism with original rlx parts. Or are there any other ideas/fixes?

Next step will be case engraving with R-Serial and of course the obligatory lug holes.

Comments on potential improvements / fixes are welcome :)

Cheers,
sputim

IMG_5450.JPG

Reactions: Thrasher

WatchGuy

Dec 22, 2017
I noticed on a recent sh3135 i did that the second hand pinion was a tad small and gen hand was loose. A small, small dab of glue fixed it.

What's the issue with the quickset? Doesnt work completely or only between midnight and 7am?

OP
sputim

sputim

Content Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
Swiss made
Thanks the watch is very nice but needs engravings and lug holes to be completed.

It's my second SH3135 and I had similar issues with both. This one the calendar quick setting didn't even work properly with jf dw. Thanks for your advice but I am not really fond of using glue on a gen tritium hand set..another member suggested to gently squeeze the second hand tube with a pair of tweezers to tighten it a little bit. Might try this out but really don't want to mess up the gen parts.