Rolex ref' 6240 Daytona.

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

tripdog

Dec 22, 2018
971e8.jpg

The first automobile races were organized on the beach at Daytona, FLA in 1902. In 1959 that the race was run on an asphalt track - the newly opened Daytona International Speedway.

97JB3.jpg

Rolex first served as the Daytona race track official timekeeper in 1962, one year before launching the Cosmograph Reference 6239.

97UNb.jpg

This model was conceived expressly for race car drivers -the tachymeter scale on the bezel is significantly larger than its counterparts on most other watches.

97ny2.jpg

Initially produced as a prototype in 1965, the 6240 stands out from previous Daytona models by featuring screw-down pushers - this made it the first really water resistant Dayton.

97MHd.jpg

The model was only produced in steel, and with a Bakelite bezel.

97skZ.jpg

It was produced in very limited numbers due to the fact that it was still a prototype, and also due to the modest success it generated.

979DR.jpg

Spec's on this build:

Reworked Vietnam case.
Phong MKI bezel.
Phong MK I chrono pushers.
Phong hands.
MQ dial.
Rolex 702 crown.
V72 movement.
Rolex 78350 bracelet and clasp.

Thanks for looking !

ROXOLO

Jan 10, 2019
Awesome build. I was really sure you were actually presenting the gen watch, until I reached the bottom of your post. I really wish I manage to have some similar skills someday - very attracted in building watches! The first difficulty I'm coming across right now is to NOT buy that next expensive rep and buy TOOLS instead. ^^

Reactions: tripdog