Watches to pass around...

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Hey folks. A good suggestion popped up a few days back (thanks! can't remember who suggested it, @NCRich?), about passing around and taking pictures with it to see how far it'll travel and back. Well, I want to bring that here.

I would like to pass around some watches to members to wear for a few days to a week, take pictures, and then pass off to the next member. Let's see where the watches get to travel.

Any suggestions for watches to pass around? I am putting together a few watches that can go from one member to another. Pam 000, Omega 007?

Suggestions?? Want to start this for the group.

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Has to be something primarily solid and reliable. Anything with 6498 or 2824 would probably be best.
The watch needs to handle all the travel and not scare the recipient when it arrives with bits falling of or DOA ! :)

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
A DHGate special of some kind might be nice just in case it gets caught up in customs or something.

Reactions: muscles

ChefZorba

Hobo 115
Jan 20, 2018
Southern California
This is such an awesome idea! Imagine where these watches will eventually have traveled to! Maybe 41-44mm just so that everyone could be comfortable wearing it for their time on the wrist. I’d be happy participating regardless of brand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gavmeister

Feb 6, 2018
Australia
Sound like something the prof would think up. Haha. Probably best to have a quarts Bell and Ross or similar that can handle the bumps and would probably get through customs with little issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scott

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
It was me. I actually bought a quartz Daytona on DhGate and that is what is touring the world right now on RWG. 26,000 miles so far. Something quartz is probably the smartest thing. This was shockingly good for $60. Microstepper quartz.

gG7AB0k.jpg

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Something like this is quartz and would fly under the radar. I think they are $100ish.

wVdhhD1.jpg

Reactions: HorFan

WingNut

Idiot Savant and Good Dood
Ambassador
Feb 25, 2018
Been done...a fun idea...but once you cross borders it gets funky...

Worth a try I guess...

Robert11

Dec 31, 2017
It was me. I actually bought a quartz Daytona on DhGate and that is what is touring the world right now on RWG. 26,000 miles so far. Something quartz is probably the smartest thing. This was shockingly good for $60. Microstepper quartz.

View attachment 5992
Does it have a working chrono? How is the feel? I have the auto version and the bracelet is kinda cheap feeling even after a baby oil bath.

Sent from my satellite phone.

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Does it have a working chrono? How is the feel? I have the auto version and the bracelet is kinda cheap feeling even after a baby oil bath.

Sent from my satellite phone.
It is almost indistinguishable from the ST19 version that the dealers sell. Everything works. The bracelet is supposed to feel cheap. The gen ones do too.