Weekly Wrist Shots 16th July - 22nd July

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!
For Tuesday is my very FIRST Rolex rep, purchased from the defunct website A FINE LUXURY TIME. I thought I was getting a bargain at only $220, which I had to pay up front first (money order) before I receive it, let alone see it. (This was SOP at that time in early October 2009.) It's an order model, lacking inscribed inserts, lacking the coronet engraved at 6, and possessing lug pin holes on the case; it's not that bad, but certainly NOT WORTH what I paid. It's what led me to discover RWI (first), then RWG (second), then the other rep sites. As you'll see tomorrow when I introduce the real POS ($270) from the scammer GLOBAL REPLICA, all were incentives (hard earned) to look elsewhere. I'm very happy I found you all. dave:
FIRST.ROLEX.REP.TT.SUB.16610LG.%20003_zpscoul0gyg.jpg
FIRST.ROLEX.REP.TT.SUB.16610LG.%20007_zps7gdssgfw.jpg
FIRST.ROLEX.REP.TT.SUB.16610LG.%20005_zpsdkplvecf.jpg
FIRST.ROLEX.REP.TT.SUB.16610LG.%20006_zps11hork27.jpg
FIRST.ROLEX.REP.TT.SUB.16610LG.%20004_zpso3znxt2o.jpg

chronomate

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Dec 23, 2017
GREAT to see you posting again, CM! You've been missed. AND, like the other mates with good taste, LOVE the socks (uh, and the TUTOR as well).

dave
Thanks Dave!

I've been horribly busy recently and still am but I needed my wristshot fix now ;)

Reactions: dave47 and MrE

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Group!
Here's the second ROLEX rep I purchased after the first one (shown last night), although this POS was purchased from the scam site GLOBAL REPLICA. Probably a lot of the old members read this story before, but I publish it to remind members on the need to make rep purchases from trusted dealers, which I learned the hard way. This POS cost me $270 & is called a Piece Of Shit because it was when it arrived (after I had to hand the FEDEX driver the money order). The Sub was a mess: an hour marker had fallen out and was floating underneath the crystal, the stem on the crown was BENT & could hardly move; when wound BOTH watch hands moved together, etc. To make a long story short: (1). the bank issuing the money order would NOT cancel it; (2). I originally called GLOBAL REPLICA, only to have the voice on the other end tell me to hang up and call again, which I did to no answer; (3). numerous LETTERS, EMAILS, and probing from Better Business Bureau could not elicit any response from GR. I lost, but luckily my friend the jeweler/watchsmith took it and fixed it up and added the new blue (shark) bezel to it. I keep this as a reminder... . dave:
ROLEX.POS.SUBMARINER.SHARK.%20009_zpscfncatam.jpg
ROLEX.POS.SUBMARINER.SHARK.%20004_zpscphalhcz.jpg
ROLEX.POS.SUBMARINER.SHARK.%20005_zpsjq5rfoxc.jpg
ROLEX.POS.SUBMARINER.SHARK.%20006_zps0lumca8l.jpg
ROLEX.POS.SUBMARINER.SHARK.%20007_zpsozvd0igm.jpg

Last edited: