Weekly Wristshots 22nd - 28th April

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hiya, Group!
Today, a showing of two somewhat similar items: a decent ROLEX YACHTMASTER rep w/ blue dial and its HOMAGE-- this SO&CO New York YACHT CLUB with blue dial, but quartz movement. This one (So&CO) I just received from amazon.com the other day. I'm debating keeping it or not (just love inexpensive beaters that save my reps from abuse).
The SO&CO, featured first in this week's wristies is an inexpensive watch I picked up @ amazon.com. I like these watches and have several of them for wearing out and about. Although "cheap," I believe they're decently made (for the price) and fairly rugged and certainly water resistance: two of my others have been in the pool for a while and have done well (rated to 100m depth, with screw down crown and case back). The case is 40mm wide w/o crown; 42mm with, while about 13mm thick. I haven't yet decided to keep it; but I already may have via removing several links so I could wear it around the house. Here are some pics: (First, side-by-side):

SO & CO:

The ROLEX Yacht Master is a fine watch (although the date window and cyclops are too small) and measures in at 43mm w/o crown; 47 with x 13mm thick. Has the rugged A2813 workhorse movement and keeps great time.(I tried to not mix up the pics, for these tired old eyes, I couldn't be sure; so, perhaps, some apologies might be in order. Some pics:

TOMORROW I WILL TRY TO POST SOME PICS OF THIS SO & CO, FROM UNBOXING TO WRISTIES, ALONG WITH A LINK TO THE WEBSITE IF YOU WANTED TO LEARN MORE..