RWI lounge

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
This time the wait is too long ... I'm an IT man and honestly I can't realize what's happened.
I used to admin other forums related to other things than watches, but honestly never had so much problem for a restore.

We planned backup of files of the site/forum and backup of the database, when something terrible happened it was just some hour of work to restore everything.

Maybe they are changing again the site/forum and re-import everything... but the wait is so enervating...
Last time it took months to recover with active members. This time I dunno. It’ll never die but people had to find a new place and multiple months is a long time to find a new place. This place wouldn’t have even existed if there wasn’t a gap to fill. Now I’m liking it here and RWI I’ll use and less is my guess if this place keeps on like it is with a community feeling and drama free

Cristobal

Jan 26, 2018
This time the wait is too long ... I'm an IT man and honestly I can't realize what's happened.
I used to admin other forums related to other things than watches, but honestly never had so much problem for a restore.

We planned backup of files of the site/forum and backup of the database, when something terrible happened it was just some hour of work to restore everything.

Maybe they are changing again the site/forum and re-import everything... but the wait is so enervating...
I have to agree the wait time for the RWI forum is really long this time around. The last update they said it would return in a few days and it’s been a couple of weeks since that update. Hopefully they get it up and running sometime this week. But I have to say I’m really liking the HB forum a lot!!

CMaster

Content Contributor
Jan 25, 2018
Ireland
Yep that is exactly what is happening a rebuild on a different platform. New servers or something like that too and a SLA on server management etc etc. It has been mentioned on another forum.

Reactions: Scott

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Last time it took months to recover with active members. This time I dunno. It’ll never die but people had to find a new place and multiple months is a long time to find a new place. This place wouldn’t have even existed if there wasn’t a gap to fill. Now I’m liking it here and RWI I’ll use and less is my guess if this place keeps on like it is with a community feeling and drama free
Yeah, this place has very nicely filled a big gap.

ginopino

Jan 25, 2018
Yep that is exactly what is happening a rebuild on a different platform. New servers or something like that too and a SLA on server management etc etc. It has been mentioned on another forum.
Well, this is a really good reason... Also the last time the updated all the hardware due to hw failure, this time is a different thing :)

Yeah, this place has very nicely filled a big gap.
Yeah, this is a good place to be, but I have poor time available to spend on the forum at the moment and I can't access the Trade Area :)