Building a 5513

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.
OP
rwatch0

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
Choosing the glass, going with the less domed one
UAq9TIl.jpg
j6tk6Xu.jpg

Sanded and polished the sides for the retention ring to slide over
PWJPMvQ.jpg

Movement
IGtwm8u.jpg

Dial on top
RLVqJkG.jpg

In the case
xROAD6r.jpg

Reactions: Replica01
OP
rwatch0

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
So I put it all together, almost finished but not yet.
I will probably age the insert a tiny bit, I say probably as I am not sure as it looks fabulous now. Also need to work on the hands.

BzXw7tX.jpg
ErAwvS8.jpg
DEeIMr7.jpg
4ATmcyz.jpg
WElBArG.jpg
Zn976WZ.jpg
qWyEeWa.jpg
5oCmRnq.jpg

Reactions: HorFan

malilis

Feb 2, 2018
Very nice .. ! dot touch it anymore .. (le mieux est l'ennemi du bien ..;)) as for the hands, the only comment IMHO is that the yellow tone seems a bit different from the indexes .. perhaps the pics ..? how is the movement doing regarding accuracy ?
Congratulations

Reactions: rwatch0
OP
rwatch0

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
Very nice .. ! dot touch it anymore .. (le mieux est l'ennemi du bien ..;)) as for the hands, the only comment IMHO is that the yellow tone seems a bit different from the indexes .. perhaps the pics ..? how is the movement doing regarding accuracy ?
Congratulations
Thank you :)
Movement is running 4 seconds fast out of the box, so I don't want to touch it anymore. That's as good as it gets for a £30 movement and servicing it now won't make it more accurate.
The hands lume color is just a bit different yes, that's why I still need to work on them or maybe replace them.

SuperLory

Content Contributor
Jan 29, 2018
Singapore
After you do the hands either you do not touch anything else or max you age ever so slightly (maybe take away a pinch of shine) the insert

It looks gorgeous

That’s a 5513 i’d be looking for

OP
rwatch0

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
After you do the hands either you do not touch anything else or max you age ever so slightly (maybe take away a pinch of shine) the insert

It looks gorgeous

That’s a 5513 i’d be looking for
Thanks! Yes, am in doubt to touch the insert still

alhig72

Content Contributor
Feb 11, 2018
Uk
I would maybe just sand the insert a tiny amount to take a bit of the shine off and put one of those acrylic pearls in from one of the more aged inserts and I think that would be pretty much perfect

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

OP
rwatch0

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
I would maybe just sand the insert a tiny amount to take a bit of the shine off and put one of those acrylic pearls in from one of the more aged inserts and I think that would be pretty much perfect

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
I have 2 of these Raffles inserts, I will try to age this one just very very superficially, I only want to take the glow off actually. If I like it less afterwards, I will put the other new one on. I also have the Yuki insert still to try out as you pointed out :)

OP
rwatch0

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
Faded the insert 5 seconds, compare shot to stock
8nv0zY.jpg

Also changed the movement to a 2813 that I ordered from cousins last week. And changed the bezel back to cartel.
So all in all, Cartel based 5513, 2813 (hacking) movement, Raffles insert, HR Dial, Tiger concept hands, Athaya Crown. Case and CG's shaved and polished.
eKt5Pq.jpg
kHaGxB.jpg
eoXw0n.jpg
WUxinv.jpg
WKTAYH.jpg