TC V7x vs JJS 16610LN Review

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.
OP
JackJ1980

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
I mean that the crown guards are stubby, in that they resemble those of a watch that has had the case refinished/polished several times. If a watch gets serviced every 5 years by a RSS, as Rolex recommend, then the case is systematically re-polished/refinished as needed, in order to put it back to it's original condition in terms of finish.

The crown guards on an original condition 16610 come approximately 2/3 the way up the sides of the knurled part of the crown. A 703 crown is 3.8 mm wide, the knurled part 3.25 mm, therefore the crown guards should be approximately 2.1 mm long.
The TC crown guards are closer to an original condition case than the JJS case, where the crown guards come approximately 50 % of the way up the knurled part of the crown, making them about 1.6 mm long.
Awesome response and great knowledge. Thanks man!

OP
JackJ1980

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Oh a nice 16613 stock rep. JJS- please please figure this out.

Reactions: Scott

ginopino

Jan 25, 2018
The JJS is done by a single person doing case reshaping and brushing very extensively and the bracelet brushing and sel reshaping. Another guy does the servicing and dw install. It is based off a JF and actually after this review he showed me something that will actually hopefully fix the cg length issue (sadly for those after me :) ). The first ten JF case are special made Z serials though
Thanks for the answers! I'm definitely interested in one of this... looks straight for more info and prices :)

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
I mean that the crown guards are stubby, in that they resemble those of a watch that has had the case refinished/polished several times. If a watch gets serviced every 5 years by a RSS, as Rolex recommend, then the case is systematically re-polished/refinished as needed, in order to put it back to it's original condition in terms of finish.

The crown guards on an original condition 16610 come approximately 2/3 the way up the sides of the knurled part of the crown. A 703 crown is 3.8 mm wide, the knurled part 3.25 mm, therefore the crown guards should be approximately 2.1 mm long.
The TC crown guards are closer to an original condition case than the JJS case, where the crown guards come approximately 50 % of the way up the knurled part of the crown, making them about 1.6 mm long.
I think I understand what you mean, but I'm not that familiar with rolex lol. thanks.

Reactions: Hellraiser
OP
JackJ1980

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
I'm going to chime in because the 16610 is my favorite watch.

This watch kills TC. While I love Jack, I don't believe an A2824 out does a SH3135. I think the SH3135 is a killer movement with the proper improvements.

The crown guards. That is such a non argument like someone said. Depends on how many times you took your watch in for cleaning or if you were like me I got mine polished all the time. I owned my 16610 for 3 years before I traded it in for my 16613, I could only have imagined what the crown guards would had looked like today.

The SEL. Sorry, Both are the same on these watches.

I know who is doing these watches and I will not say the name. I can tell you he is amazing at case work. He showed me this exact watch when he did the case, prior to putting anything on it. I thought I was looking at a real 16610 case.

I am still waiting on seeing the 3135 fitting with out tabs. The first case this person was going to use was a Startime. I thought that was a great idea. Startime makes a great case but the crown guards are stubby and they are not T cases. They have holes.

So he went with the JF case. Now unless JF came out with a new case, a 3135 is held in with tabs. Which truthfully right now that doesn't matter, the ascetics looks freaking amazing. The measurements are amazing. That refinished JF case is beautiful. Yes the crown guards are stubby. Its the first run. This case is a beauty. Congrats to you Jack for getting the first one.

If I didn't do the same exact thing to each of the JF's I had done for people, I would be directing people over to him.

Think I saw a comment on the rehaut. This is the best 16610 looking one. The new JF is amazing with the rehaut. Really great job guys. Looks amazing and I want to see the back off. I want to see how a 3135 fits with no tabs. Did he hammer the lip. Did he put fatter case screws. EVERY JF I have seen has a tab.

Look forward too the others. An LV with a maxi dial! That would be amazing.

While I have and will always say, at the time the TC was the best 16610 clone out of the box for the money.

Lets see how much this is going too cost. Lets not forget the SH3135 has a few issues. The parts too fix those issues are not cheap. Now you can rig it. Take away the jewel that holds the date wheel when you put in a real date wheel. Modify the SH part 600 give the date wheel more room, Service the movement. All that should be done. To stick a faulty movement in a beauty of a case is a sin.

Oh one more question. Jack is the bezel the standard bezel for the JF? I see it looks polished and machined. But that won't take the play away or did he work the teeth on the inside and replace the spring with a startime spring?

Great watch from great guy for a great guy. Enjoy and keep us updated.
The bezel is standard JF except he rebrushes the individual scallops. It reshapes to be less “pyramid” and has the only correct vertical brush pattern in the rep field I know of.

I’ll stand by A2824 being better for noobs. You mentioned multiple mods/service on the sh3135 :) That said, I think the SH3135 is a better more gen like movement. Winds the right way, sweeps much more accurately, and winds nice and smooth. A2824 doesn’t wind very smooth and normally prefer to use motion to get it going. I feel the 2824 resistance and the crown/stem have been more prone to slipping and keyless issues than my sh3135’s. You’re review and opinion carries a lot more weight than mine and I actually tend to rely on you as my guide to most Rolex things. Your comments made me even happier to have the first JJS.

Sinnknowmore

Feb 25, 2018
USA
Looks like I’ll be getting on of these to go with my TC 16610LV. Can’t wait, yes you can. No I can’t. Shut up. Ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JackJ1980

2many2choose

Feb 25, 2018
I am really interested in this and want to ask, do we buy the watch first and send it in for modding or its a package? Thanks!